Stuck in the fast lane behind a slow poke?

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great story. Didn't know that 38 states outlawed it and a $1000 fine and/or misdemenor charge on your record sounds just about right. Old Story, but new to me.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/driving-left-lane-laws-could-land-motorists-fine-misdemeanor-charge/

Apparently ND does have a "Must move if driving slower than traffic" law, Century Code [FONT=&quot]39-10-08(2)[/FONT]
http://jalopnik.com/5501615/left-lane-passing-laws-a-state-by-state-map
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Moral of the story is: Don't be a S.O.B., get out of the left lane or it could cost you some money in some states.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent 30 minutes behind a fast lane slow poke once, a bunch of times.

Hope they pass out a pile of these passing lane tickets.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
One you can climb on all day long.:)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if there's an attempt to "GST" me afoot. NOT BITING corksoakers!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to tell people we had that law as well as quite a few states but some scoffed

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
One you can climb on all day long.:)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if there's an attempt to "GST" me afoot. NOT BITING corksoakers!!

Haha NOOO NOO not at all , I just know how this subject ruffles your feathers so I was teasing you. Barely got you to nibble.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew that man. You don't really have permission to climb on the root system.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of sad that what was once simple traffic violations have now become misdemeanors and in some cases(speeding in an Indiana construction zone), felonies. I'm all for charging people that injure/kill another while driving, but blocking, speeding, failure to yield, refusing to wear a seat belt, etc, come on, keep the criminal court system open for actual criminal cases.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with "speeding" and "seatbelts". If you're speeding when workers are present you should be slapped in the face with a penis. Not swallowing your pride and moving over or "racing" someone on your left should be felony and cockslap.

- - - Updated - - -

Gulp.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously I dont see what peoples problem with others driving in the left lane is. Its not any harder to pass on the right than it is to pass on the left. I dont typically drive in the left lane, unless the right lane is bumpy or Im moving faster than average traffic. Makes sense to use both lanes on the 4 lane highways to even out the wear and extend the time between repairs tho, if you think about it....

Also to those of you that insist on flashing me for driving with my brights on at night on divided highways, you can suck it! :;:howdy

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously I dont see what peoples problem with others driving in the left lane is. Its not any harder to pass on the right than it is to pass on the left. I dont typically drive in the left lane, unless the right lane is bumpy or Im moving faster than average traffic. Makes sense to use both lanes on the 4 lane highways to even out the wear and extend the time between repairs tho, if you think about it....
:;:howdy

I just go around you and then come into your lane and slow down 2mph less. Then, as you drive by and give the look of death I just smile and wave hello to you!

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
39-10-12. When overtaking on the right is permitted.
1. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle onlyunder the following conditions:
a. When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn; or
b. Upon a roadway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width for two or morelines of vehicles moving lawfully in the direction being traveled by the overtakingvehicle.
c. When the driver of the other vehicle is clearly driving under the speed limit in the left lane just to be a dickhead.
1a. In this case, it is encouraged to give the other vehicle either a full pressed ham or "the brain" as you pass, depending on your flexibility.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Left lane is for faster traffic, and if you are in that left lane and tied to the car next to you, either slow down and get behind them or speed up and get in front of them. No one behind you is impressed with your ability to maintain the same speed as the guy in the driving lane.

Never have I understood the complete disregard for other drivers, and the utmost selfishness of these @ssholes who clog up the "fast" lane

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think often it's not the fault of the "left lane clogger" as much as the right-lane non-cruise user suddenly deciding to match left-lane speed. Kick the cruise up a couple notches and they match again, pretty soon you're approaching 90 and still can't pass the non-cruiser. I see that almost every day.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was with my buddy and his dad headed to a vikings game one early sunday morning and some ass hat parked his car in the passing lane. No other cars in sight. his dad hated that crap. so he glued his 1981 chrysler new yorker to the guys rear bumper for ten miles. dude wouldn't get over. so he bump drafted him. he got in the right lane so damn fast he left a vapor trail

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys who cant handle passing someone on the right must really shit a brick when you get into 6 or 8 lane traffic in a REAL urban area... hha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 19