Stuck in the fast lane behind a slow poke?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drive plus 3 over the speed limit till someone in a hurry passes me , Then I kick her down and stay about a 1/2 mile behind them, The faster the better.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
We've had this discussion before, regarding left lane cruisers on the expy bridge and highway routes between Bismarck and Mandan. I'm glad to find out that most of the a-holes that I've had to follow, are not posting here. Some are, but not all.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
But at least you now know ND does have a "Must move if driving slower than traffic" law, Century Code 39-10-08(2)

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand it is now ok to be in the left passing lane if you did not INTEND to be there. I also understand it is now ok if you break the law if you didn't INTEND to.;:;barf

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

it depends on what the meaning of is, is.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DJ, why do ALWAYS have to be "that guy"? ;:;banghead
Seriously I dont see what peoples problem with others driving in the left lane is. Its not any harder to pass on the right than it is to pass on the left. I dont typically drive in the left lane, unless the right lane is bumpy or Im moving faster than average traffic. Makes sense to use both lanes on the 4 lane highways to even out the wear and extend the time between repairs tho, if you think about it....

Also to those of you that insist on flashing me for driving with my brights on at night on divided highways, you can suck it! :;:howdy

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
gal-gadot-wonder-woman-costume.jpg

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't see it either.

- - - Updated - - -

I sometimes drive in the left lane too when the road is bumpy but i always watch the mirror and when someone is gaining on me i move over to the right lane until they pass. There isn't much driver courtesy anymore that is for sure.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I roll in the left lane all the way through Mandan headed East on I-94 to avoid all the on ramp and merging traffic while headed into Bismarck and visa versa headed west on the same stretch, much easier and safer than the continuous merging back and forth.

I am usually doing 3-5 mph over the speed limit too so if some jack wagon wants to tail gate me in this situation that's his tuff Schmidt he can stare at my back side as long as he wants, no need to go any faster in my mind.:;:chillpill:;:chillpill

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a profound love for you right now Colt.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets separate it into 2 different types of left lane driving.

4 lane divided hiways like state highway 83 north of Bismarck, left lane is more of a turning lane and merger lane since it can be crossed in both directions. I have a dead sister in-law due to jack wagons running like a race track in the left lane in this instant he was at fault in several ways leading he was a drunk state worker in a state vehicle which was the main contributing factor, I will end it there.

Next is Interstate traffic for which ND has no laws designating the left lane as a fast lane nor does it require one to move out of it if one is driving say 80mph just because the rest of traffic is running 85 MPH in a "75" mph zone". Get my drift?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry about your family. I believe everyone is talking about interstate driving. No law doesn't mean right. It's poor form.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the video. It validates my claim by stating cars going 5 mph under cause more accidents than those going 5 over.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
One you can climb on all day long.:)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if there's an attempt to "GST" me afoot. NOT BITING corksoakers!!

D bag, surprised you're transitioning......to public enemy #2!

i find you relatively harmless and downright entertaining when I'm drunk enuf to decifer 'the code'

fyi - your music videos make me want to dust off my rusty katana in the basement and spill my bowels all up n heah

THAT IS ALL.......for meow....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 57
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21