STUPID Midcontinent

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
they must not care about their workers or customers very much. 1:30am last night, dog barks, i look outside, guy in my yard behind the bushes with flashlight, other with flashlight briskly heads around back. white crew cab chevy with black flatbed parked by my boulevard, couldnt make out logo on side. wife wants to call 911, i say this isnt an emergency

short story long, they didnt notify us of jack, no letter, no call

when i flipped the lights on and yelled out, what are you doing, the guy got up quick and walked briskly towards me, wonder if he realized what i had in my right hand........

the end

ps. silly i kno, but i might look for a different provider over this, STUPID MIDCONTINENT

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I liked midco when I was with them. Out of town a bit now so had to go with SRT (minot area) for internet and Directv for tv. I have been happy with SRT so far. Might ditch our Directv and go to online tv viewing only, soon. Netflix, youtube, amazon prime, etc ...

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
What they doing a service call at 1:30 AM??? Makes no sense....Midco service trucks don't have flatbeds.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya that seems sketchy to me. We had midco but have since changed our ways. I'd rather eat a fresh dog turd...just sayin'. ;:;barf

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
the guy said it was a 'node split' which would result in 'better service' they drove up and down the street a few times before i said screw it and went to bed. pretty sure they were legit. but very silly of them

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would follow up with Midco. Them doing a service call at that hour is bizarre. Their employees take those trucks home, what's to say they weren't using Midco as a cover for their other activities.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
just got off the phone with midco, they said they mailed 500+ postcards to my hood on 4-29 saying service will be disrupted from 1-6am 5-7-15. so it's possible i missed the notice some how, but the support on the phone mentioned the post card didnt say anything about technitians potentially being in your yard........maybe that's a given??

ANY WHO, sketched me, wifey, and doggy out a bit! glad they werent prowlers

STUPID me.........

Last edited:

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
No...stupid midco. What type of organization sends their staff out at o-dark-thirty to work on cable TV? Post card or not they are asking for trouble. That kind of activity needs to go out on the runner at the bottom of the TV screen for a week ahead of time.

I would have held them at gunpoint while they called 911.

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe because those low usage times? Probably piss more customers off if they disrupted service during the day.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should probably drop MidCo and request CableOne ...because CableOne is soooo frick'in awesome...wow I can't even type that without throwing up a little bit in my mouth ;:;boozer

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have to do it after hours they would get to many complaints if they did it during the day and people missed there soaps. People don't know what to do if they have no internet or TV

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a common practice for midco to work nights so your service isn't interrupted they try to keep the down time at nights I have a friend that works there and is what i'm told

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably no need to bring this back up but this is kind of normal occurrence in the industry. It is called a maintenance window. I work for a cooperative and maintenance windows are usually between midnight and 5 a.m. Like stated earlier people would raise holy hell if they lost their TV during the day. Sometimes it pays to read the postcards they send or listen to the phone message they leave. I know I would hate to get shot for doing my job.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got the new Midco Bill and it is going up $ 10.01 / month. With cable, phone, and internet ( trio bundle ) we are going to be paying $ 204.61 / month that's ridiculous I think it is time to shop around. What is everyone else using

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got the new Midco Bill and it is going up $ 10.01 / month. With cable, phone, and internet ( trio bundle ) we are going to be paying $ 204.61 / month that's ridiculous I think it is time to shop around. What is everyone else using

Can get a nice boat for that price :;:cheers

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our midco bill was around 200 a month. Dropped our phone and went to basic cable with internet and it is around 100 now.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably no need to bring this back up but this is kind of normal occurrence in the industry. It is called a maintenance window. I work for a cooperative and maintenance windows are usually between midnight and 5 a.m. Like stated earlier people would raise holy hell if they lost their TV during the day. Sometimes it pays to read the postcards they send or listen to the phone message they leave. I know I would hate to get shot for doing my job.

What about my neighbor who has bek and didn't get a phone call or post card? His trigger finger is itchier than most. Common practice doesn't necessarily mean best/smartest practice. Especially this day and age......

ps. They just hit me up for an increase, but tried to make it look like a good thing with a $5 bundle 'discount' front and center.

hopefully a cable and Internet straight talk equivalent hits the market soon, did you see what straight talk did to at&t's pricing?!

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member

Over here we have "mid rivers" pretty much the same thing and same complaints. We switched to dish and really like it. Kept mid-rivers internet just because there is no other option and I hear satellite internet is a struggle still. Bill went down and we get way more and better TV/on demand/movies etc. literally thousands of movies and shows for free and it also streams Netflix if you want that as well. The hopper dvr is cool and it has "joeys" for your other rooms and even wireless joeys(in my case I'm putting one in my garage/man cave/vacation/doghouse about 40 feet from the house) gives you the same TV options as in the house. All things considered the monthly bill is lower than using mid-rivers for everything. Not much but a little lower. If you want a referral code let me know. Only save us both $5 a month but what the hell. Only been hooked up since November but haven't found anything to bitch about yet. As with most things something will probably show up though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76