Sweet corn 🌽

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes is family south of Mandan sells it every day in mandan same thing very good

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Graner corn. I’m fairly certain she is selling corn now. I saw something on the news about it. G

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was late to the game this year. I planted 71 and 81 day SC in the 4th week of may. The 71 is pretty much ready to be picked.

Side note: I’m a yellow and white Sweet Kern guy. Straight yellow confuses me mentally with field kern and I don’t prefer that.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few years ago I had 3 maturities, and 3 planting dates per variety. Sweet Kern was consistently available from mid summer to early fall. As great as the effort was, people got too used to sweet Kern being available and they didn’t pick when it was prime and missed it when the season was over.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kentucky, have you ever tried Silver Queen. Its an all white corn when picked, huge ears, plant gets like 10 ft tall The coons need a step ladder to get to the ears. Turns yellow when cooked and is super sweet and ears stay fresh a long time in refrigerator. We plant for our freezer corn and the whole family loves it as do the squirrels on the ears I miss. LB

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kentucky, have you ever tried Silver Queen. Its an all white corn when picked, huge ears, plant gets like 10 ft tall The coons need a step ladder to get to the ears. Turns yellow when cooked and is super sweet and ears stay fresh a long time in refrigerator. We plant for our freezer corn and the whole family loves it as do the squirrels on the ears I miss. LB
I started my white corn fascination with silver queen . It keeps better than yellow or mixed. Doesn't seem to get overripe.as easily as yellow does. I moved on from that to a variety called How Sweet It Is. Went from that to Gotta Have It, from Gurneys, best one so far, they haven't been able to supply this seed for 2 years, still on their website though. This year I am trying a variety called Glacial, also very good.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I envy you's who grow sweet corn. I have been unsuccessful the few times I tried.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84