What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Tag Soup poll
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="svnmag" data-source="post: 390384" data-attributes="member: 330"><p>I killed a pretty 9pt in '09 with an "amazing" prone unsupported shot at about 400. It WAS "out there" perfectly calm and broadside. Bang/DRT It MAY be 120. It was my first experience with ground shrinkage: Doubt if I kill another buck in my lifetime. </p><p></p><p>While I relish shooting does I don't have enough motivation personally/otherwise to fool with a damn carcass. I'm into turkey and just bad enough to motivate me for improvement. </p><p></p><p>SIDE NOTE (again): These ND turkeys are near Mayflower/Pilgrim stupid. GF should work out trades with the Hills where they're not considered pests: Some golden rainbow trout would be cool in the Tailrace. Most would provide forage yet a few would make for good memories/photo ops. </p><p></p><p>If you see the GR it sees you. You're <strong><em>not</em></strong> going to catch it: Neighbor in the Hills has success by removing the rear treble from a floating jerkbait and attaching a leader tipped with a #12 black gnat: Imagine the fun casting that...damn near a Haiku. </p><p></p><p>I've caught three in my life. It would be interesting to see the results of their presence both with angling ops and effects on established predators. </p><p></p><p>They are a pretty fish IMO:</p><p></p><p>[ATTACH=full]62854[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>I ate tag soup. I like to type about shit:</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]LkvBJJXMzRc[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>That is all.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="svnmag, post: 390384, member: 330"] I killed a pretty 9pt in '09 with an "amazing" prone unsupported shot at about 400. It WAS "out there" perfectly calm and broadside. Bang/DRT It MAY be 120. It was my first experience with ground shrinkage: Doubt if I kill another buck in my lifetime. While I relish shooting does I don't have enough motivation personally/otherwise to fool with a damn carcass. I'm into turkey and just bad enough to motivate me for improvement. SIDE NOTE (again): These ND turkeys are near Mayflower/Pilgrim stupid. GF should work out trades with the Hills where they're not considered pests: Some golden rainbow trout would be cool in the Tailrace. Most would provide forage yet a few would make for good memories/photo ops. If you see the GR it sees you. You're [B][I]not[/I][/B] going to catch it: Neighbor in the Hills has success by removing the rear treble from a floating jerkbait and attaching a leader tipped with a #12 black gnat: Imagine the fun casting that...damn near a Haiku. I've caught three in my life. It would be interesting to see the results of their presence both with angling ops and effects on established predators. They are a pretty fish IMO: [ATTACH type="full"]62854[/ATTACH] I ate tag soup. I like to type about shit: [MEDIA=youtube]LkvBJJXMzRc[/MEDIA] That is all. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Big Game Hunting
Deer
Tag Soup poll
Top
Bottom