Tax deductions on farm equipment

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure the correct answer is "ask your tax person", and I will, but I thought I'd ask the peanut gallery as well.
I have some land that I rent out for cash rent, both crop land and pasture. I've had to do quite a bit of fencing and I bought a "brush hog" type cutter to do some mowing -- both to improve the pasture land.
Question: Can I deduct any of that?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure the correct answer is "ask your tax person", and I will, but I thought I'd ask the peanut gallery as well.
I have some land that I rent out for cash rent, both crop land and pasture. I've had to do quite a bit of fencing and I bought a "brush hog" type cutter to do some mowing -- both to improve the pasture land.
Question: Can I deduct any of that?
All of it, its a depreciating asset too

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget to deduct your mileage as well.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking a new truck, but that may be more difficult to justify.
Although I do use my truck to haul water for my new trees, which are a cattle wind break...

Last edited:

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whatever the Income is, I would report the same amount of expenses to net it to zero.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would think you could also deduct a truck but would be limited to the % it's used on the farm. Thinking you would not be able to deduct mileage and the truck. Worst thing would be getting too carried away and cause an audit. Keep expenses reasonable and don't cause any red flags.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't care what they can deduct from their taxes. Also don't care what they get paid in program dollars.

BECAUSE I LIKE TO EAT.

Its better that my tax dollars go to farmers and ranchers then to the people that don't work and are on unemployment and the ones that keep shitting out kids just to get a bigger welfare check.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had to go through an audit guessing 7-10 years ago maybe. Sure has changed from the one prior that I had in the 70's!
It wasn't fun at all believe me and all the things they asked and wanted to know about.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I definitley am willing to shoot someone, but would like a bonus if I have too.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh oh hurt someone's feelers. Person (not signed) that gave me the negative rep must be on unemployment and welfare.

Thread:
Tax deductions on farm equipment

If you had have a clue how many crooked system cheating fucking farmers there are you'd never post that. The welfare given to people is nothing compared to how much 'assistance' a farmer gets. But people like you continue to look the other way

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
What time did you get it ?

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible to backtrack and see who sends unsigned rep. , or at least narrow it down to a couple people .

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
What time did you get it ?

- - - Updated - - -

It's possible to backtrack and see who sends unsigned rep. , or at least narrow it down to a couple people .
Do tell, I got another neg around 2 but I don't know where to look to know for sure. I also don't need to narrow it down because I believe there is only 1 two faced coward on here and I've called him as much. If he gets off with his 5 seconds of anonymous rep'ing who cares, he's not worth giving a shit about

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do tell, I got another neg around 2 but I don't know where to look to know for sure. I also don't need to narrow it down because I believe there is only 1 two faced coward on here and I've called him as much. If he gets off with his 5 seconds of anonymous rep'ing who cares, he's not worth giving a shit about

Can't, it's top secret classified information

- - - Updated - - -

But easy to figure out . It takes some time at first till you figure it out

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86