Taxidermist recommendations

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who do you guys trust with your walleye mounts? I'm looking to put a fish on the wall, but don't know who is quality out there.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll do it, and have it it back to you in a month. Just finished one for luvcatchinbass on FBO (not sure if he jumped over here yet or not)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im a huge fan of bacon and giant pike. A 30 lb devils pike is my bacon dream.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zespy. hands down! He is doing a walleye for me now. True...it will be a while but will be worth the wait. I have seen his fish mounts! He has done 2 rooster mounts for me over the years and for my buddy he has done 2 antelope, 2 deer, a rooster, and a walleye.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just don't try and get Wayne Zespy an antelope head. He has had mine for over 3 years. Its awesome waiting for a big game mount to get back that I shot in 2011. Yay.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well maybe try buying wayne a cupcake. Did u ever once think of that?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah..my walleye has been over a year but..oh well...but yeah..I hear ya. He kinda dropped a hint that he would only be accepting fish in the future( finish his current stuff of course) but only take fish going forward...that's the vibe I got from him anyway.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have two deer at a taxidermist. Been there since 2012. I hope he preserved the velvet on the one.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dropped off a walleye to Wayne last fall. I hope I see it by Christmas. He did my last one(s) in 24 days though so I am ok with a wait on this one.

Casey D

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hermans Taxidermy in Jamestown!!!!! He has done a walleye for me. Looks great!!! Also has a bass and pike i should be getting back soon.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

This is a mount that I saw in GF Scheels. I liked it and took a couple pics, later found out it was a Zespy. Figured I would add some pics to the thread. I have another of a Greenback mounted by a guy in Fargo. I will get those up in a couple minutes, I have to find them in my puter.

- - - Updated - - -

Tim Overbaugh

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason the Overbaugh pics didn't work but click the attached thumbnail and a small pic will pop up. Pretty close to how the Winnipeg greenbacks look. Closest I have seen anyway.

IMG_7688.jpg

Attachments

winnipeg colors 3.jpg
Last edited:

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll do it, and have it it back to you in a month. Just finished one for luvcatchinbass on FBO (not sure if he jumped over here yet or not)

DONT take it to MSA. EVERY time i take that guy a fish, he tries to convert me to Islam!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14