Television Options

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirecTV w/ sports package and NFL Sunday ticket for me. Got 2 TV's in my bar so i can semi watch 2 games at once. I basically use one TV to watch a game that i have fantasy football players in and the other for my team.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was with direct tv for years. I actually canceled it yesterday. $120 a month plus anouther $50 for 4 months for the Sunday ticket was getting ridiculous. We subscribed to Hulu (7.99) and netflix (8.99) which gives us tons of movies and any tv show just the day after it airs wich isn't a big deal as we dvrd everything anyway. I found a way to buy nfl game pass for $112 and get every nfl game with no black outs. With all the money I'm saving I will up me Internet speeds with midco and still be $100 ahead. Oh and I have a $20 Antena so I still get the local chanels. I'm still working on the wife but I plan on getting a new 60in UHD tv to take advantage of the one movie netflix might have with it and I'll still be ahead.

Honestly saying FU to direct TV was probably the smartest thing I did this week!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I was with direct tv for years. I actually canceled it yesterday. $120 a month plus anouther $50 for 4 months for the Sunday ticket was getting ridiculous. We subscribed to Hulu (7.99) and netflix (8.99) which gives us tons of movies and any tv show just the day after it airs wich isn't a big deal as we dvrd everything anyway. I found a way to buy nfl game pass for $112 and get every nfl game with no black outs. With all the money I'm saving I will up me Internet speeds with midco and still be $100 ahead. Oh and I have a $20 Antena so I still get the local chanels. I'm still working on the wife but I plan on getting a new 60in UHD tv to take advantage of the one movie netflix might have with it and I'll still be ahead.

Honestly saying FU to direct TV was probably the smartest thing I did this week!

I have been thinking about doing this, but also getting Sling.
Get espn with sling, plus other channels. It's similar to a base cable package, but only $20/mo.

Also, if you have family that has cable/satellite, you can get most of the channels they have via online if they are willing to give you their login.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Midco.....4 years and never had them raise the bill. I'm in Casselton, not sure that matters. One thing to be said about them is OUTSTANDING customer service. Technical problem, bill, etc. they have always taken care of me and done it with a smile.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46