The Great Minnesota Muskie War

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Et tu Mr. Mike? Oh sure, just dogpile on the guy that fly fishes while smoking a fancy pipe and reading scientific journal articles about how bush light makes you impotent

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Et tu Mr. Mike? Oh sure, just dogpile on the guy that fly fishes while smoking a fancy pipe and reading scientific journal articles about how bush light makes you impotent

I think its the BPA they line the cans with. I don't really care though. Drinking blue num nums seems easier than getting a vasectomy.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

My personal field trials suggest that your findings are wrong. Also, it;s busCh light. Can;t believe you;d screw that up.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
French muskie fly fisherman that now lives on the East Coast would have to pull a trailer behind to haul all that asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, used a period. I was going for a Shorty-style post.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
French muskie fly fisherman that now lives on the East Coast would have to pull a trailer behind to haul all that asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

wee wee, haw haw!

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
muskyplate.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just because you suck at something doesn’t mean you have to be so cruel to the people that do it. My feelings are officially hurt

I am awesome with a fly rod my brother still has the red welts on his back from when i really cracked it like a whip. haha. In all truth i have a cheap piece of crap fly rod and like to go catch little trout on a pond here it is a blast but this is the first time i have ever told any one that. and there are no trees with in a 500 yard radius or i would be f ed

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

and complete words

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If muskies love bullheads, someone should stock them in Ashtabulah. Should only take them about 3 yrs to get to 75# with all the bullheads there to eat.

Tlauz

If muskies love bullheads, someone should stock them in Ashtabulah. Should only take them about 3 yrs to get to 75# with all the bullheads there to eat.
HaHa, Growing up, my parents had a place on Ashtabula, pretty sure I have caught 1000's of pounds of bullheads in my life. Years ago I contacted NDGF and asked about stocking Ashtabula with muskies to help control bullheads. They responded that for a variety of reasons Muskies wouldn't do well in the lake. Dream crushed.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHa, Growing up, my parents had a place on Ashtabula, pretty sure I have caught 1000's of pounds of bullheads in my life. Years ago I contacted NDGF and asked about stocking Ashtabula with muskies to help control bullheads. They responded that for a variety of reasons Muskies wouldn't do well in the lake. Dream crushed.

That's a situation in which I wish they'd fly in the face of logic and at least try. They put tigers in Devils, what's the difference?

Tlauz

Didn't they stock muskies in Ashtabula last year?

I just looked and they did.
They did! It will be interesting to see what comes out of there in 10-15 years. I wonder what made them change their minds, If it could reduce the number of bullheads and grow giant muskies, I would call that a win-win.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Didn't they stock muskies in Ashtabula last year?

I just looked and they did.

Wait what. Those "experts" said they wouldn't do well in that lake. Why are they wasting there time and money. Such foolishness :::

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
They also stocked some in some much smaller lakes. A couple of their other choices I scratch my head at but then again it is NDGF

The last couple years they've been putting some muskies in Larimore Dam as well. I thought that was strange.

There must be a few trout in there as well from the Turtle River, or do they die off in the winter?

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont know about how musky maniac does it --- my musky days troll some big ole cranks that look like a bullhead in deep water. 10000 casts turn into only one round on a trolling pattern - you would get a fish.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84