The Great Windstorm of October 2015

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only good thing with the cannonball fire is it will rn out of room to run east vary quickly but would suspect it will be able to hang in the ridge line and run with for awile. Lot of homes in that area that are spread out and in vary risky spots for a fast running brush fire.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
just got done with the worst wind we've had all day in williston... kinda calmed down a bit, but the worst should be here shortly - heading se...

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been to cannonball. Not a whole lot to see. Hopefully everyone there got out OK. Bad deal.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crappy for sure. Luckily I haven't heard of any fires close by me. I've got shingles laying in the back yard and I can hear more loose ones flapping on the roof.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
That sucks Kurt. It's times like these that make me happy I live in a valley and not on top. Good Lord for wind.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It made it through the last big blow we had just fine had it all strapped and in place must have got it just right blew the front out like a plastic bag. I would rather deal with feet of snow or inches of rain than this wind crap. Now i get to go stand in it all day during a concrete pour think i might wear my googles i wear ice fishing to keep the dirt from blinding me on site. FUN.....

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just brutal. The only upside is the MPG monitor in the yota was pegged at 30 for most of the trip coming home from out west last night.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those Fargoans will be happy campers on their 'holiday' day off and traveling to Minny Apple for some shopping trips.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had to sleep with ear plugs in last night. Wind was pushing on the windows so hard that it sounded like they where going to break. Sure do miss the fiberglass windows (Windows Plus - Fargo) we had installed in our old house. Got Andersons in the house we bought and am not very happy with them.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to macs to get some bungee cords but all they had was tarp straps. I said tarp straps won't work because I am not holding down a tarp.:;:huh

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday morning my yard was (mostly) devoid of leaves. By 5 p.m. it had accumulated the entire neighborhood's allotment of leaf litter. By this morning, it was (mostly) devoid of leaves again. I fear by this afternoon it'll be full once more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53