The miracle on ice happened 41 yrs ago today(2-22-80)

257Bob

Founding Member
Founding Member
This remains the ONLY hockey game that I have watched in it's entirety.
USA,USA

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Terry Sawchuk - The face of a NHL hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment, 1966

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966.jpg

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was crazy in those days , Needle and thread on the bench sometimes. An old saying something about they wore nut cups to protect the head that did the most thinking, I forget how it went. Do you think he flinched when we saw a big windup for a slapshot at the blueline ?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve gone pheasant hunting with Bill Baker from that team a few times. Super nice down to earth guy with good dogs and he’s a good shot.

I ice fished with him once. Super nice guy as you say. Pretty good stories too, which I could tell he was tired of telling. Pretty cool to be the one to score that goal!

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trax, Yeah, I make it a point to not talk hockey at all when hunting with him. We talk about hunting, dogs, kids, etc. but hockey comes up once in awhile. He loves the outdoors and the same stuff most of us here do, so you definitely don't run out of things to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

Terry Sawchuk - The face of a NHL hockey goalie before masks became standard game equipment, 1966

85955030.jpg

I bet this dude could THROWDOWN!
He'd kick your ass just by looking at ya.

He died from injuries secondary to fighting with his teammate when he was just 40. Sounds like his life physically and mentally outside of hockey was a trainwreck.

Last edited:

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finished "The Boys of Winter" tonight ... pretty good read, If anyone wants it I can eMail or text it to you if you PM me contact info.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finished "The Boys of Winter" tonight ... pretty good read, If anyone wants it I can eMail or text it to you if you PM me contact info.

Nice of you to offer SL , I just looked and saw that I have it on SCRIBD in audiobooks, I might have to give it a listen. If anyone needs a service manual or repair manual for anything that has ever been invented it might be on scribd . The service manual for my JD backhoe cost was about 300 bucks and I read it for free on scribd with my subscription I think it's like 60 bucks a year and well worth it if you read a lot or do mechanical work.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77