This one is next on my list…

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's kimber's quality been lately. I know i read for awhile before i bought my STI that they went downhill a little or maybe for the price there was better options. Lots of really nice looking 1911's out there now. Shot a friends Springfield prodigy that was decent too.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's kimber's quality been lately. I know i read for awhile before i bought my STI that they went downhill a little or maybe for the price there was better options. Lots of really nice looking 1911's out there now. Shot a friends Springfield prodigy that was decent too.
I bought a pro carry 2 a few months back. 300ish rounds thru it without an issue. Nice and light for a 1911 beings it has an aluminum frame vs steel

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind having a Ruger Mark II for plinking around the farm but hardly ever see them except for online auctions. Can only FFL holders bid on handguns online ? Or could I bid and have it shipped to a FFL ?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
On an online auction, one should be able to bid with the expectation of being able to have shipped to an approved gun dealer.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a S&W M&P 10mm that i really like so far. Not a ton of rounds through it but it has been flawless and i cant really speak of its accuracy because i'm a terrible pistol shot but i shoot it ok. I also picked up a S&W 5.7 but the jury is out on that one yet if i like it or not. It's fun to shoot but i'm not a fan of the barrel shroud and not barrel being threaded and i locked my suppressor on it after about 50 rounds and had to send to Dead Air to get it removed and they said they have had a lot of problems with the 5.7 smith and wessons and stuck suppressors. I think my next one will be a 38 super or 9mm 1911.

NG3067

★★ Legendary Member
I wouldn't mind having a Ruger Mark II for plinking around the farm but hardly ever see them except for online auctions. Can only FFL holders bid on handguns online ? Or could I bid and have it shipped to a FFL ?
I’d watch Bismanonline every couple days, I think there is one there now.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the 10MM front I'm back and forth between a long-slide Glock or a Kimber 1911 style. Someday I'll walk into the right gun shop @ the right time and my decision will be made for me.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
On the 10MM front I'm back and forth between a long-slide Glock or a Kimber 1911 style. Someday I'll walk into the right gun shop @ the right time and my decision will be made for me.
I have a Glock model 40 with a 6.7 inch Alpha Wolf threaded barrel. I had a Sigv320 X10 for a couple of months. It was very accurate, but you could only push five rounds of the wide nose hard cast bear defence rounds into it. I didn't like getting ride of it because the trigger was excellent, but even wide nose hollow points hung up on the magazine catch notch.
I solved the problem by selling the Sig and buying a Holosun green dot closed emitter that goes on and comes off the model 40 in seconds. So take it off and put it in the chest holster and I'm ready for hunting in the mountains with the grandkid with no rifle for myself.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 47