This weekend on Devils...

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I gotta get the boat out Saturday, high of 64deg and 5mph winds is too nice to not fish.

Anyone have any tips? Was out 2 weeks ago and couldn't find a damn thing jigging the bridges and pulling cranks in about 10-15ft of water up in creel bay.

First year I've really made an effort to fall fish, and I'm having trouble finding anything. Not much luck on Stump either. What do I need to target? Throwing cranks towards shore somewhere? Just stick with jigging bridges?

Edit: I suppose this should have gone under boat fishing....derp

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go out of minne head to pelly go up and work the old shoreline with cranks then roads then mid afternoon take out a 2 1/2 once bottom bouncer. Put full crawler on it troll that old shoreline road that u might of picked up a few on. Then limit. Try the highway. Riprap they like that rocks. Bridges r for little omes

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd troll golden highway, old shoreline in Pelican, deep main bay rock piles or bridges with jigging raps.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would parallel riprap and throw this in this color to start:

th

- - - Updated - - -

Two sizes bigger than the pic. The above is my brown trout go-to right before dark. Anyways, if you begin getting misses or short strikes you may well downsize to the above.

- - - Updated - - -

The list of species fresh/saltwater I've caught on that thing and color is pretty decent.

Last edited:

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks guys! I didn't end up making out to Devils unfortunately, but we did get out on the red river for a few hours, where I caught my personal best 28" 9lb walleye! She was a hog!

I think time to put the boat away, needs a few repairs done anyway. She'll be ready to hit DL again in the spring, after a solid rainy river trip of course.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 72
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31