Tires

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know I'm a staunch supporter of the poor man's BF Goodrichs, but the issue is that they aren't as cheap as they used to be for instance a 275/70-18
Bf is 311 and a grabber is 298 on Amazon.
Just stating what I personally know from running both. Generals every time for me. The dollars wasn't even the factor.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just stating what I personally know from running both. Generals every time for me. The dollars wasn't even the factor.
Yeah I was only pointing out an argument that some have stated before, how could you go wrong. The thing is I wholeheartedly believe that the at2 were an all around better tire then the atx. At2 came with a 60000 mile tread warranty and the atx has the same warranty as the KO at 50000. And when I bought the at2 they were significantly cheaper then the bf that's not the case now. That's just crazy about tires these days, I believe they are using cheaper rubber and trying to make the same claims that they can get even close to 50000 miles. You take any all terrain tire past with 25 percent left and they all suck for traction. That's roughly 40000 miles for either tire, how many people can say they were able to get 2 full years on a set of tires? Ugh I hate buying tires

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you like the BFG KO, foolish if you don't switch to General Grabber AT. Same tread design, better tire. At least I could get some mileage out of them. BF were junk at 30K
A co worker has had both..said the general were horrible with rain.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm disappointed with tires these days, I never wear them out but they weather check and crack. I have a 1948 Ford truck with old military rice tires on it and they are still holding air. Same with rubber hoses , I have 3 buddy heater hoses that are 2 years old and you cant even bend them any more.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm disappointed with tires these days, I never wear them out but they weather check and crack. I have a 1948 Ford truck with old military rice tires on it and they are still holding air. Same with rubber hoses , I have 3 buddy heater hoses that are 2 years old and you cant even bend them any more.
Less plastic was used then from my understanding..

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like the BFG KO, foolish if you don't switch to General Grabber AT. Same tread design, better tire. At least I could get some mileage out of them. BF were junk at 30K
Then you’re doing something wrong. I get 50-60k easy out of them as long as you rotate. Through 5 sets. That’s BFG ko2 anyway.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you go to tire rack website they have videos testing most of these tires we are talking about and the BF ko2 win buy a pretty good margin in all aspects. The falkens are pretty close to the BF and they also beat out the general grabber buy a margin I was surprised buy. I figured the generals would be some what close to the the BF but they are no where near them. Worth a watch if you have time.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you go to tire rack website they have videos testing most of these tires we are talking about and the BF ko2 win buy a pretty good margin in all aspects. The falkens are pretty close to the BF and they also beat out the general grabber buy a margin I was surprised buy. I figured the generals would be some what close to the the BF but they are no where near them. Worth a watch if you have time.
Link? Of the videos.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you heard of Cooper tires having problems with holding air, the local tire shop said he has dealt with Cooper tires not holding air.
Put Cooper tires on a Ford Escape. Aluminum rims. Some gravel. Low tire air alarm was always chirping. My tire guy put some bear shit looking stuff around the beads. Didn't work.

Put up with that shit longer than I should have.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's sad ... Tires cost more than a transmission these days.

Then you haven’t replaced a transmission lately. Wife’s enclave shit one out a little more than a year ago, was over $6k by the time it was done. Getting one for a 19’ burb done right now and that’s gonna be $7k ish…..

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The last 4 sets of BFG’s have all went 60-80k miles for me. And that’s lots of towing and lots of gravel compared to most people. Just getting ready for the next set in the next couple weeks.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then you’re doing something wrong. I get 50-60k easy out of them as long as you rotate. Through 5 sets. That’s BFG ko2 anyway.
Rotate every 6k miles with oil change. Front end alignment religiously. Heavy 3/4 diesel, don't know??? Not sure if I should have put a blanket on them at night or not. Glad worked for you.
They were only about 40k on my 1/2 ton, and my 2 work trucks also.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used to get 120K miles on my BFG's. I'm still testing out different brands trying to find the best.

hoythunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive ran grabbers for about 10 yrs now. I used to put 50k a year/set on gravel and scoria with the AT2s and loved them. I also used to buy 10 ply 18’s for around $650 shipped. I’m on my second and last set of ATX. I thought maybe it was a bad batch when I only got 30k out of the first set, and tried them again. They suck

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84