Tires

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Then you’re doing something wrong. I get 50-60k easy out of them as long as you rotate. Through 5 sets. That’s BFG ko2 anyway.
I get at least that
Link? Of the videos.
Lunk posted it..it's also listed as test results when you search for your specific vehicle..right under the picture of the tire.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
AT KO for this guy too. The only time I ever had an issue was when I over inflated them hauling a heavy trailer and forgot to deflate em. I won't run another tire 50-60k+ easy every time. 500k miles on 2 different trucks.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From what I understand if you have air issues with a tire and you have aluminum rims..it is usually the aluminum rim giving you the trouble and not the tire. Aluminum tends to corode along the bead from debris/salt etc settling in there which makes for a not so good seal. Tire shops will use a die grinder/sander to try and get it smooth for better contact but unless you refinish the rim you will more than likely continue to have problems.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I put new Michelin on both my F150's.

275/65 R18 on both pickups.

My 2018 has Michelin Primacy XC. They have less than 10,000 miles and there junk. They seem to be to hard as they just slide on ice and compacted snow.

My 2013 has Michelin LTX A/T2 with 20,000 and they are the 2nd best wearing and traction tires I have had. The Firestone Steel Tex were the best tire. I had them on both 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton Ford pickups. And they wore great.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I understand if you have air issues with a tire and you have aluminum rims..it is usually the aluminum rim giving you the trouble and not the tire. Aluminum tends to corode along the bead from debris/salt etc settling in there which makes for a not so good seal. Tire shops will use a die grinder/sander to try and get it smooth for better contact but unless you refinish the rim you will more than likely continue to have problems.
Did all that. Polished the rims etc. When the Cooper tires wore out, tossed 'em and put on Hankook's. Problem solved. No more low tires.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did all that. Polished the rims etc. When the Cooper tires wore out, tossed 'em and put on Hankook's. Problem solved. No more low tires.
Problem solved for the leaking air but new problem presented with horrible traction. 😉 ..those have to be the worst tire brand I have ever had. They were the Hankook dynapro...I know some guys like them but in my opinion bald tires were dam near just as good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84