Toyota Tacomas

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes you could buy a 1/2 ton Chevy or ford for the same price but I'd take my Tacoma all day when hunting yotes in the winter cuz it just plain gets where the ford wouldn't and when I'm done mine is still worth a bunch more than it should be!

Saying something will get somewhere a Ford can't get isn't much praise;:;rofl

Also a guy can fit way more coyotes in the box of a full size pickup so he isn't going home early either. :cool:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an F250 crew 4x4 and did the same thing you are thinking about doing years ago.
Bought my 91 extended cab 22R manual 4x4 for cheap and I love the rusted out thing for hunting and outdoor stuff!
My big truck hardly gets any miles put on it, change the synthetic oil once a year. When I use it Its pulling or hauling something.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
F150 = grocery getter. Hell it spins the tires going up the boat ramp.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
F150 = grocery getter. Hell it spins the tires going up the boat ramp.

Probably the tires...not the truck...I respectfully disagree with you Short. Took my 150 everywhere last winter ice fishing...blown in paths to get on lakes...never got stuck. The 150 has been a great working truck for me...couldn't be happier...just my take!

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately I've never ran into this problem! Smart little devils....

Usually if you shoot them dead first they aren't so smart and you can drag or carry them and put them right in the box of the pick up easy peasy.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
fyi -- i would not take my ford out seriously 4 wheelin. It is a off road --- what a joke -- i owned it a couple weeks and the oil pan shield fell off. Yes the stock tires suck -- but if you take my chevy the posi is light years ahead of the ford same tires on the ramp. The ford rides like a dream - however the chevy's suspension is stiff - it can take the corners better, better on ice and yes in the snow the chevy will out do the ford - same tires. I know this site is full of ford luvers --- but i own both and i can attest that the ford is towing machine - ultimate towing -- and quiet so quiet inside -- but its still a grocery getter when you see the mud bog.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an F250 crew 4x4 and did the same thing you are thinking about doing years ago.
Bought my 91 extended cab 22R manual 4x4 for cheap and I love the rusted out thing for hunting and outdoor stuff!
My big truck hardly gets any miles put on it, change the synthetic oil once a year. When I use it Its pulling or hauling something.

My 1988 yota is still running great. I pretty much rebuilt the motor and drive train for the cost of tax title and license on a new rig.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input fellas - never been a Ford guy - they're all nice - just not my thing. Shopping for the right deal - I'll beat it as much as possible and then give it to my boys when they're old enough. Any dealership recommendations?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input fellas - never been a Ford guy - they're all nice - just not my thing. Shopping for the right deal - I'll beat it as much as possible and then give it to my boys when they're old enough. Any dealership recommendations?

If you are buying new .. and looking for Toyota Corwin or Theel are probably your best bets as they have the volume and inventory for new vehicles .. however if you are buying used look for small town local dealers...especially on the MN side in lakes country they get a lot of good trade-ins from retired lake folk

cavedude

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are buying new .. and looking for Toyota Corwin or Theel are probably your best bets as they have the volume and inventory for new vehicles .. however if you are buying used look for small town local dealers...especially on the MN side in lakes country they get a lot of good trade-ins from retired lake folk[/QUOTE

With the salt Minnesota puts down I would avoid used pickups from there like the plague.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11