Trail Cameras

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like cameras that use AA batteries so I can use lithiums. Makes a big difference with battery life when using them in the cold.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know some people like them but I wouldn't recommend the WGI. Also, I bought a primos brand cam at Dicks on black Friday & it was a piece of shit from the get go. I've never had any problems with Moultrie so they are my go to.

I will second the primos being junk or very unreliable. I got one of their low end models and it seems like it takes and saves pictures when it wants to. The picture quality isn't bad but it is a camera that can't be trusted but I should have known better for a $50 camera

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either Outdoor Life or Field and Stream magazine had a comparison article a few months ago. Check their websites for trail camera comparison. I learned the actual pixel count of the image chips are far below the resolution advertised. It's like "digital zoom" in point and shoot digital cameras, anything above the actual pixel count is made up by a computer chip. Save memory card space and select the lower resolution. I just bought a new Bushnell, and yup, it's really a 4 Mp sensor, not 16 Mp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46