eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should have left Lopez in another inning. He owned those guys

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should have left Lopez in another inning. He owned those guys
Normally I think Baldelli pulls guys too early but Lopez had 105 pitches. I can’t fault him for pulling the guy at 105 and only needing 6 outs from his bullpen up 6-0

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, Let's Go! I can't count the number of times I yelled at Rocco through my TV this summer but think he is doing OK in the post season. Sure would like to see them get a few more clutch hits or at the very least, be able to sacrifice in a guy from 3rd. It's been alot of years since we had something to cheer about so I am enjoying this.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally I think Baldelli pulls guys too early but Lopez had 105 pitches. I can’t fault him for pulling the guy at 105 and only needing 6 outs from his bullpen up 6-0
105 isn’t really a lot for a specimen like him. Shit has changed so much with pitching over the years and I don’t think it’s for the better. Granted they need him to start game five but you see this all the time where a pitcher is cruising and they pull him in the sixth and the relief gets lit up. Look what happened when they pulled verlander. He wanted to go back out. Then the relief got lit up and let the twins back in the game. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Lopez’s numbers in the seventh inning are better than any inning he pitches. He gets better as the game goes on. And with easy motion he isn’t the kind that would suffer from twenty more pitches. Bet Jack Morris just laughs at these guys 🤣

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don’t let the pitchers go like Jack and Nolan anymore…the new culture is hope for 5 and baby them. Drives me crazy, and I’ve cussed at Baldelli a lot this summer because of it but just the way this country is now. That said, I’m not mad at leaving a little in the tank for game 5 after 7 lights out innings and 105 pitches with a 6-0 lead. Definitely more than you can usually hope for in today’s soft world

YCbtx

Glad he pulled him when he did and it worked out....maybe a better chance he would be fully rested for a game 5 on 4 days rest if the series goes that far. Decently confident with the bullpen and a 6-run lead....not so much with a 1 or 2 run lead. Houston staff has a bit of a drop-off after their first 2 guys, so hopefully we see the early season version of Joe Ryan tomorrow and not the later season version. Cool to watch the impact that Correa has had in all 3 wins for the post-season...on defense and offense....pretty significant veteran presence. It is damn nice to be watching Twins baseball into double digit dates in October....been way too long.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad he pulled him when he did and it worked out....maybe a better chance he would be fully rested for a game 5 on 4 days rest if the series goes that far. Decently confident with the bullpen and a 6-run lead....not so much with a 1 or 2 run lead. Houston staff has a bit of a drop-off after their first 2 guys, so hopefully we see the early season version of Joe Ryan tomorrow and not the later season version. Cool to watch the impact that Correa has had in all 3 wins for the post-season...on defense and offense....pretty significant veteran presence. It is damn nice to be watching Twins baseball into double digit dates in October....been way too long.
Sonny Gray on the bump tomorrow.....I don't care to see Ryan anymore this season :)

YCbtx

That's right...lol...not thinking right today. Mind is still a little scrambled from the hornets nest I ran into pheasant hunting this weekend...I didn't know a hand and arm could actually triple in size the way mine has.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is they pay these pitchers so damn much money the front office treat em like they’re made of glass. So four or five innings and they’re gone. Or give up runs earlier and they’re gone. Went to a twins/braves game twenty some years ago. Maddox gave up eight runs in the first two innings. He pitched seven or eight innings and the braves win 11-10 in 10 innings lol

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that amazes me in general is the number of fat ass ball players in todays game. You would never think with the money they pay these guys that shit would be allowed to happen

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's right...lol...not thinking right today. Mind is still a little scrambled from the hornets nest I ran into pheasant hunting this weekend...I didn't know a hand and arm could actually triple in size the way mine has.
Did you save a few for the bedroom?? ;)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don’t let the pitchers go like Jack and Nolan anymore…the new culture is hope for 5 and baby them. Drives me crazy, and I’ve cussed at Baldelli a lot this summer because of it but just the way this country is now. That said, I’m not mad at leaving a little in the tank for game 5 after 7 lights out innings and 105 pitches with a 6-0 lead. Definitely more than you can usually hope for in today’s soft world

235 pitches in one game?!?! 235???!!!!

https://www.mlb.com/news/nolan-ryan-threw-235-pitches-in-one-game

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is they pay these pitchers so damn much money the front office treat em like they’re made of glass. So four or five innings and they’re gone. Or give up runs earlier and they’re gone. Went to a twins/braves game twenty some years ago. Maddox gave up eight runs in the first two innings. He pitched seven or eight innings and the braves win 11-10 in 10 innings lol
I think that’s part of it but the other part is they have 10 high paid arms in the pen that they gotta use too. And those guys should be good for something.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that’s part of it but the other part is they have 10 high paid arms in the pen that they gotta use too. And those guys should be good for something.
1696899473706.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88