U.A.W strike?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
No need to worry. They will just move jobs to Mexico like bobcat plans to. Should keep at least 500 Mexicans plus their families in Mexico where they belong. Right? Honestly, splitting hairs here. But, everyone bitches every time we send jobs to China. Yet, we fail to support American workers here at home. I will readily admit that the UAW seems to be asking a bit more than they deserve. But, if we aren't willing to pay more for "made in the USA", then we won't have that option. This and keeping manufacturing jobs in the US in general is a complicated issue.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I agree with short. If they got leverage, let em leverage it. If they overkick their coverage and the big 3 move to China, well then they made their bed. But, I don't blame them for trying I guess. Also, we all probably agree that keeping jobs at home are worth a few more $ for a car. But, I don't think paying line workers a bit more are gonna kill millionaires and billionaires without raising the price of a truck 5k.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No need to worry. They will just move jobs to Mexico like bobcat plans to. Should keep at least 500 Mexicans plus their families in Mexico where they belong. Right? Honestly, splitting hairs here. But, everyone bitches every time we send jobs to China. Yet, we fail to support American workers here at home. I will readily admit that the UAW seems to be asking a bit more than they deserve. But, if we aren't willing to pay more for "made in the USA", then we won't have that option. This and keeping manufacturing jobs in the US in general is a complicated issue.
I have no problem paying more for made in the USA but I expect the quality to be better along with the increased price.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its called negotiation This happens every day -- -as i stated earlier both my kids non union did the same thing. The employer had to come back to them several times just like a car deal. If they wouldn't of done negotiating they would not have ended losing a third of their wages. People do this every day ---- if you are not your missing out. Trust me. This isn't your daddies world.

Where in my question does it state skill level. What part dont you understand. Somebody gets something and your are jealous is that what it is. My reference to the NFL was in relation to the NFL players uses a agent (plus they have a union).

Lets try this again -- what business is of yours that somebody uses and outside party to negotiate his/her wage?
1. walking out on your job and picketing is not negotiation, its not that at all.
2. skill level is what you bring to the table to negotiate a higher wage, more time off, and a shorter work week. That also isn't what this is

I am not jealous of any assembly work, I am not cut out for that type of career, so to say I want what they have is off the mark. I am concerned as when we have to pay entry level mind numb workers double their wages, and double what that skill set should bring in, we are going to pay for it, not the millionaires everyone seems to hate.

If my employer pays me for my work, and I want more, the last thing I do to them is walk out on them while demanding more pay, time off, work schedule. I would expect to get fired for doing this to the hand that feeds me.

I have negotiated all kinds of stuff, kind of what I do for a living, I have never stuck it to anyone like what is going on here.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If what they claim is to share in the profits then that is what they should be negotiating for is larger profit sharing. If the company profits go up their share of the profits goes up, but if the company profits go down then their share of the profit also goes down. If they want to share in the profits are they also willing to share in the losses? This way they could control their own destiny, If their work production goes up then profits will show that, but if their work production goes down the profits will also show that. by doing this the workers themselves would weed out the less productive members instead of letting them coast because now their actions would directly affect their income. If they are not willing to do that then this is clearly a case of " wanting your cake and eating it to "

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84