U.A.W strike?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Guess have some talent if you want to get paid more. If just showing up and working with no responsibilities and little to no stress is your deal that’s what you get paid
You stated the obvious --- -but like a clever politician you never answer my quesition -- why are you so worked up about someone elses pay, and whether they hire a representative to negotiate?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
ou stated the obvious --- -but like a clever politician you never answer my quesition -- why are you so worked up about someone elses pay, and whether they hire a representative to negotiate?

And dont say i dont want to pay more for a ford pickup. I dont want to pay more either but every business is like that not just vehicles.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
ou stated the obvious --- -but like a clever politician you never answer my quesition -- why are you so worked up about someone elses pay, and whether they hire a representative to negotiate?

And dont say i dont want to pay more for a ford pickup. I dont want to pay more either but every business is like that not just vehicles.
Why are you so worked up about someone else's pay, you posted the wage that was offered ? If you don't like what they are offering don't apply

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
With more uaw states joining in ,this is when things get interesting, beside the big 3 out sourcing, i suspect scab line workers...this strike could get ugly.Further honda ,Toyota, and other rice burners are ramping up production

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Pretty sure you have more posts on this topic than I do. If you perform I’m all for people getting paid

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why are you so worked up about someone else's pay, you posted the wage that was offered ? If you don't like what they are offering don't apply
I take it you didnt read my post ----- everyone is so worked up about having someone negotiate a wage on this thread. Like i said answer my question why do you care if someone wants to negotiate a wage.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take it you didnt read my post ----- everyone is so worked up about having someone negotiate a wage on this thread. Like i said answer my question why do you care if someone wants to negotiate a wage.
1st you posted this "note wage ----this thread isnt worth 10 pages."

2nd you posted this two part question "why are you so worked up about someone elses pay, and whether they hire a representative to negotiate? "

Most don't care who is negotiating a wage their opinion is they are asking for a ridiculous increase.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
1st you posted this "note wage ----this thread isnt worth 10 pages."

2nd you posted this two part question "why are you so worked up about someone elses pay, and whether they hire a representative to negotiate? "

Most don't care who is negotiating a wage their opinion is they are asking for a ridiculous increase.
"opinion is they are asking for a ridiculous increase" so what? NFL players do it every day. Ridiculous compared to what?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
"opinion is they are asking for a ridiculous increase" so what? NFL players do it every day. Ridiculous compared to what?
This also has been stated, it is ridiculous to ask for wages that are way out of line for the skill set involved. Assembling some parts repetitively for a living isn't a $100,000+ job. An NFL player can bring in millions in revenue, an assembly line person is not bringing any butts to the seats.
No reason to dumb down the wage pool. Maybe burger flippers should get paid $50 an hour, however then the next skill level needs to be at $75, and the next level up to $125, see where this makes sense.

Skills are what brings the value, not some fella just spinning a nut on a bolt

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This also has been stated, it is ridiculous to ask for wages that are way out of line for the skill set involved. Assembling some parts repetitively for a living isn't a $100,000+ job. An NFL player can bring in millions in revenue, an assembly line person is not bringing any butts to the seats.
No reason to dumb down the wage pool. Maybe burger flippers should get paid $50 an hour, however then the next skill level needs to be at $75, and the next level up to $125, see where this makes sense.

Skills are what brings the value, not some fella just spinning a nut on a bolt
Its called negotiation This happens every day -- -as i stated earlier both my kids non union did the same thing. The employer had to come back to them several times just like a car deal. If they wouldnt of done negotiating they would not have ended losing a third of their wages. People do this every day ---- if you are not your missing out. Trust me. This isnt your daddys world.

Where in my question does it state skill level. What part dont you understand. Somebody gets something and your are jealous is that what it is. My reference to the NFL was in relation to the NFL players uses a agent (plus they have a union).

Lets try this again -- what business is of yours that somebody uses and outside party to negotiate his/her wage?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its called negotiation This happens every day -- -as i stated earlier both my kids non union did the same thing. The employer had to come back to them several times just like a car deal. If they wouldnt of done negotiating they would not have ended losing a third of their wages. People do this every day ---- if you are not your missing out. Trust me. This isnt your daddys world.

Where in my question does it state skill level. What part dont you understand. Somebody gets something and your are jealous is that what it is. My reference to the NFL was in relation to the NFL players uses a agent (plus they have a union).

Lets try this again -- what business is of yours that somebody uses and outside party to negotiate his/her wage?
Why do you care so much. They are negotiating I don’t think what they want they are worth it. What grounds do they have to stand on to negotiate? Seems they could rather easily be replaced by willing workers then they will really cry.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Compared to the talent they bring to the table. A monkey could be trained to do the repetitive work that many assembly workers do

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, my 97 Dodge, 2500, Cummins, 5 speed manual with positive traction, never lost to a chevy or ford, 4:10 gears and at age 77 the kids will take it away from me before it wears out. 25 years with 100,000 miles. Not only under a building but also under tarp. No interest in trying out other brands with my Dodge.

Have a GMC to take me down gravel roads and wife has her Buick plus a rusted-out Jimmy with close to 200,000 miles.

So, I too do not care as I have the vehicle that will outlast my needs. No EV in our future. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Except her Jimmy is down again. She says u put enough cash into it. I say when it hits 200,000 i will consider. db

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why do you care so much. They are negotiating I don’t think what they want they are worth it. What grounds do they have to stand on to negotiate? Seems they could rather easily be replaced by willing workers then they will really cry.
But yet they are not replaced....why is that?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84