Uffda..not good.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was snowing and blowing at the time I could see this happening to me at night. ;:;rofl

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Why hasn't anybody blamed the caretaker of the park for not putting up signs to remind "Oil trucks should not travel on ice."? Someone has to be at fault beside the poor trucker. :::

Actually, if they can get the truck out without a big environmental issue it's one of those "WTH were you thinking?" and pretty funny. Then again when shit like this happens there's very little thinking going on. Wonder if those pictures will ever be used in Truck Driving School? :;:huh

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some of these truckers will follow a GPS right off a Cliff

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

That is absolutely true. My parents live rural in oil country. They've put up all kinds of signs on their driveway to try and stop truckers from coming down the driveway to no avail. Last year they had a water hauler tear up their asphalt and get stuck in the mud. They all say the GPS took them there, but you can see the farmstead from the county road, and no...it doesn't even remotely look like an oil well location.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw where a couple other people chime in to a discussion and said their GPS units has led them to dead end areas like that in the past .

dealing with Somali truckers that barley speak English pretty regularly they would follow the gps right off a cliff. They always want to argue and tell me the gps says this and then when they get lost and stuck are pissed about paying to get pulled out. How they get cdls is scary

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw where a couple other people chime in to a discussion and said their GPS units has led them to dead end areas like that in the past .

Mine has been acting up a lot lately just taking you a way and it’s telling you to turn around and proceed to route! I just figured it’s the Gov scrambling shit weird but nothing would surprise me these days!

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the local tribe would have just put up a snow fence blocking off access to the ice, this never would have happened.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Glad to hear on the news tonight that they were able to get both the tractor and trailer out of there. :;:thumbsup

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember when they parked all those semi on Detroit Lake for the ice races? Same brain work. LB

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

I like GMC vehicles, but Ford has better navigation. In 2012 I bought a new Buick, and it thought there was a road east of my house. Lucky they dont drown some drunk because the reservoir is east of my house.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
turn right -- he probably would of been ok --- I see guys drive the shoreline (cattails no less) safer in the abyss. Then again it looks like a little pressure ridge ???

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member

Exactly----you cannot take GPS seriously, it takes common sense also to look at the surroundings to make sure it legit with the GPS
SMH...its not that hard. He can blame the GPS all he wants...he's done driving, good bye CDL, so whats that?? 80K income down the drain?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any pics, or vids of the extraction? I was surprised, but very glad they got it out so quickly

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
dealing with Somali truckers that barley speak English pretty regularly

Don't get me started dealing with towel heads\somali\asia drivers that don't speak English, they don't do their job when they deliver shit. Example: As a driver, they are responsible to get the load to the end of the trailer if a forklift is available, not argue with customer that we don't have a loading dock access and refuse, and then they pull their bad back bullshit or they don't have the equipment on the trailer to do it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51