Upland Gun Company

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in love. Wonder how long they'll keep the price points?...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They start at two grand. That's not much more expensive than a used Red Label.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Retardation and maybe a "bargain" with some effort:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enamored again. To fully become infatuated I'd need true removable side locks with 7+ real pins. A current base model starts @2 for this boxlock.

FUN FACT: Maybe irritating to our American sensibilities: Box locks are considered "truck/barn" guns to well heeled Britishers but the side/box lock debate is still present. We won the Revolution with side locks.

ANOTHER FUN FACT: The only American side lock double gun was briefly produced in New York by LC Smith: It's moniker: "Sweet Elsie".

I'd take out a loan for the above on a true 16 frame or a 2 bbl set 16/20 (2 3/4) like from Merkel. While I love to gaze and admire; I truly don't GAS about checkering, case coloring or engraving.

Sweet doubles have a place in the "Coffee" thread.

That is all:

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd give it a couple years,see if this company is still around.

High end shotgun guns such as perazzi,krigoff,sietz
Well proven on the range,prices range from $10k for a 3 barrel set to $50k single barrel sietz...crazy...

After shooting competitive shotgun sports for over 20yrs,still at it,it always amazed me how so many shooters in a mid season slump, blamed the shotgun and poined up to bigger and better...

Of course they shot better scores because they shot more practice rds dialing in gunfit and making adjustments

plus most of these types are cashy.

I was the poor guy shooting trap with a brownin o/u sporting clays edition i tricked out ( citori) i had purchased to better my scores as my old belgium A5 let me down so many times,lol.

I found over time experimenting that our less expensive scatter guns use a lighter gauge metal,thus expanding the barrel from rec'ver (forcing cone on breech shotguns) to muzzel distorting patterns as barrel heats up.

Some highend target scatter guns have raised ribs 2+" high with adjustments to raise the poi ( point of impact) for trap

p ( rising targets outof the trap house),had mine dialed in 100% high off dead center at 30yds.Futher raised barrel ribs helps to reduce heat waves which can distort vision on a hot summer day shooting 100 rds per event plus a raised rib allows shooter to hold head up for better eye to target outof the trap house.

Just a few thoughts.

PS keep in mind most if
not all field grade scatter guns are flat shooters 50/50 dead center,this means...another thread.

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enamored again. To fully become infatuated I'd need true removable side locks with 7+ real pins. A current base model starts @2 for this boxlock.

FUN FACT: Maybe irritating to our American sensibilities: Box locks are considered "truck/barn" guns to well heeled Britishers but the side/box lock debate is still present. We won the Revolution with side locks.

ANOTHER FUN FACT: The only American side lock double gun was briefly produced in New York by LC Smith: It's moniker: "Sweet Elsie".

I'd take out a loan for the above on a true 16 frame or a 2 bbl set 16/20 (2 3/4) like from Merkel. While I love to gaze and admire; I truly don't GAS about checkering, case coloring or engraving.

Sweet doubles have a place in the "Coffee" thread.

That is all:

Just a thought sv advid skeet shooter's shoot sub gauge events with they're tried and proven well fitted 12ga.,they have a custom shotgun tooling company like "briley" make sub guage tubes 410 and up,this way shooter has one well fitted scatter gun to shoot multiple sub gauge events rather then trying to use multiple shotguns which all fit differently and poi varies as well as trigger pull and lop ( length of pull)

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a thought sv advid skeet shooter's shoot sub gauge events with they're tried and proven well fitted 12ga.,they have a custom shotgun tooling company like "briley" make sub guage tubes 410 and up,this way shooter has one well fitted scatter gun to shoot multiple sub gauge events rather then trying to use multiple shotguns which all fit differently and poi varies as well as trigger pull and lop ( length of pull)
I've read Gauge Mates alone produce decent patterns within a few thousandths of reason.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tweakified the shims on a 30” 20 391 recently. Mid-way through round 4 I started to trust it was shooting where my eyes and hands were pointing. It’s getting very close to “instinctual”

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My Parker sxs works just fine even with its damacus barrel.
A joy to hold even without any bullets in the chamber.
It maybe a little on the expenses side. Grade 3 with some nice inlays. db

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
C'mon DB...you can't just post something like that without evidence...💔

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20230608_075857[1].jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month