Venison Sandwich - Arby's Style

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arby’s Is Celebrating Hunting Season With a Venison Sandwich

Arby’s is about to start serving something that you don’t often see at fast food restaurants—venison.
The chain’s venison is 100% deer meat that comes from free-range, grass-fed deer, USA Today reports. The sandwich itself contains premium thick-cut top and bottom round venison steaks topped with crispy onions and berry sauce, all placed on a toasted roll. This limited time offer is part of Arby’s “It’s Meat Season” campaign, which celebrates the start of hunting season.
Putting venison on the menu “allows us to continue to set ourselves apart from the competition when it comes to protein,” Arby’s brand president and chief marketing officer Rob Lynch told USA Today. It’s something that can’t be found at other fast food restaurants, and Lynch is sure that “deer hunters are going to love this sandwich.”
The venison sandwich is being served at 17 Arby’s locations in six states—Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Georgia. The dates that it will be available range from Oct. 31 to Nov. 27, though each participating location will only offer the sandwich for a total of three days.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could get a taste just to see what its like. I would have thought they would have gone with the more traditional thinly sliced roast of the rest of their sandwiches. The thick cut of solid meat pictured below seems like it would require more of a chef to get it cooked right than a sandwich maker at Arby's.

Attachments

ArbysVenisonSandwichBackground-jpg.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not an Arby's fan, but i would try that. I assure you the real thing wont be that thick though!

advertising-reality.jpg

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope this is real.

- - - Updated - - -

---and insulted West Virginia is not included.

- - - Updated - - -

I've just been informed by a zap I'm incorrect. Because of this old device, opening a link erases all posts until I log off/in. A new device is not currently in the budget. I'm still insulted WV was not initially mentioned. Damn it.

Sign your zaps so I can serve you better please.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like how my deer steaks turn out. I just usually make some toast n rice and eat em m-rare. They should be bleeding a little. Don't over cook, that would be my only concern that these ff chains might do. I'd try one.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you could get it fresh off the grill it would be great. After it has been under a warmer for an hour it would taste like poo poo!

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
It may even be elk. Elk ranchers supplied the high-end Twin Cities restaurants with "venison" until the CWD thing became controversial.
By-the-way, deer are browsers, not grazers. They live on broadleaf plants. Elk are grazers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88