johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will it blow the bikini tops right off?
Might be worth it depending on your copilots

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
31 mph boys. read it.......as you fly by and almost capsize me with your wake.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also wondering if reflashing your ECU would void your warranty.....yes/no?

Ha 31 try not to laugh to hard as you blow past me while I chug along at 18

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't feel bad Kurt. I went to a 50 horse last year. Prior to that, my 25 would push me 17 mph downstream with one person and a hell of a northerly wind. Put two people in it and were down to 8 mph.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not everybody has to finance them.

Yes you are correct. Not everyone has to but I also know quite a few people of my generation who have multiple nice seasonal toys, most of which they are living check to check making monthly payments on them.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also talking about myself and wasn't speaking for you.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah - I quit financing a while back.

A decade or two of resisting upgrades (99 Ram with 220k miles type thing) puts a guy in the driver's seat with regard to compound interest. :D

I think his reference was that he is stealing boats...:eek:

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, two kinds of people in the world, those who understand interest and those who pay it.

It comes down to responsible lending. Things in life cost money. Whether it's investment properties such as apartment buildings, the house in which you live in, the car/vehicle in which you drive, or the BOAT in which you fish in, fun toys etc. The "I don't need it unless I can pay cash for it" mentality is great for one person and a complete joke for the next.

I take advantage of "financial opportunities". No one comes into this world holding a bag of money, no one leaves this world with a bag of money. Every successful person has borrowed money at one point in time, the difference is that they did "educated borrowing". Not picking on anyone too hard but a vast majority of people are "stupid" when it comes to financial responsibility. Borrowing $1M for a real estate purchase that you net lets say $40K off of is not comparable to buying a $50,000 recreation toy that you finance for 120months (10yrs). That is the difference between "Educated borrowing" vs. "Stupid borrowing".

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
95% of people finance new boats now days I would bet.

especially in that hp range. I see lots of numbers folks -- majority of them are. The other thing is the lender who backs up these 144 payment loans know that guys will lose everything else before they let go of their boat. Dats why he does the 144 payments too.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
especially in that hp range. I see lots of numbers folks -- majority of them are. The other thing is the lender who backs up these 144 payment loans know that guys will lose everything else before they let go of their boat. Dats why he does the 144 payments too.
yep. My banker told me a couple years ago that campers/Motorhomes are the #1 repossessed things there are. Boats weren't one of them.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always had a tough time enjoying a financed "toy". I've done it, but its so much easier to enjoy when interest isn't part of the picture. Although, a few of my so called "advisors" seem to like a leveraged position occasionally...

And, besides the $$ issue, fast boats are kick ass!! Nothing like airing a hull out. I've always wanted a z520c - maybe I should call my banker!!

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's hard enough watching it depreciate without a note on the dadgum thing. Unless it's a Ranger, my gosh do those things hold their value!

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've done well flipping boats the past 10 years, buying them in Minn and Wis from folks that were losing or had lost them in the winter. Then using them all spring & summer and selling them in western ND around the bow opener.
Made about $5500 on average. :;:cheers

Last edited:

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right on 5575! There are alot of good deals to be had out there if you are willing to travel for them. Also from my experience the larger brand names range, skeeter, Lund, and warrior seem to be holding their used value pretty well lately.

If I ever decide to go with a newer model it will be bought from a pro fisherman who has put on all the accessories and ran it for a season to work any issues out of it. Most of them still have the warranty transfer as well. To each their own, its your money and or credit not mine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88