Vexilar FLX 28 Opinions

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder what my one year old will be running when he gets to be an adult? FLXCRXZ 66?

I suspect your FL18 will still be working overtime. Mine will collecting dust as I will have (hopefully) finally made good on threats to give up fishing entirely.

guywhoalsofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have now been on three outings with my new Velixar FLX 28, for the most part, I love it. The auto zoom has worked great, good target separation and all that, however I do have two complaints. First of all, even fishing in 15-20ft of water is seems like i always have to have it in low power mode or it picks up a lot of clutter and my lure is pretty big, even with the gain turned all the way down. Second, on the three outings, two separate times the screen will just freeze, my lure and the bottom freeze and stay there until i turn it off. Wonder if anyone has any suggestions on these things. Thanks

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never really had those issues but the gain is not your traditional gain. It increases your cone angle. I put mine in low power and bump the gain/cone angle up. I like having that option. I had to fish with my 18 this last weekend. I've been spoiled by that 28.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirty Mike - is weed mode for when you're too high to understand what's on the screen? I know a few guys who could use that....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha. Never had to go into weed mode. I have a few friends that could use that setting as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46