Warriors on the Water ND Thank you

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
received_10155034349407987.jpg
82+ Warriors, 49 boats, and one hell of a good time.
Just dropping in to say thank you to the guys that came out and fished with us this weekend. This was by far our biggest event to date and we knocked it out of the park. Hopefully you guys had as much fun as I did this weekend. See ya next year
Aaron D

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
nuther great time...

tougher fishing than the past couple days, but can't expect great catching every trip out...

this thing seems to b doubling every year, and i've yet to talk to anyone who was disappointed with the event, with lots of familiar faces year after year - get ready...

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
sorry, I'm an idiot. I thought I heard on this site that the event had been canceled. Backing down the ramp at the hook on Saturday, I noticed lots of boats with flags on them. I would have been honored to take some of these folks out, as a vet myself. Thanks for the effort in this endeavor and hopefully I can help next year.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Big HIGH FIVE to all who helped pull this off and to all the vets who took part. Glad all had good time.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had an event earlier this year that had to be cancelled. Our main event was this weekend. We would love to have you next year. Should be about the same time frame ( early August. I will be sure to update the site as we have our meetings and set dates.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, I'm an idiot. I thought I heard on this site that the event had been canceled. Backing down the ramp at the hook on Saturday, I noticed lots of boats with flags on them. I would have been honored to take some of these folks out, as a vet myself. Thanks for the effort in this endeavor and hopefully I can help next year.

We had an event earlier this year that had to be cancelled. Our main event was this weekend. We would love to have you next year. Should be about the same time frame ( early August. I will be sure to update the site as we have our meetings and set dates.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My first year doing this, put on by a great group of guys and the reward of saying thank you to a Vet(s) is a good feeling inside. The individual I had in my boat caught his first walleye ever, fun time had, and I showed him the power of Lake Sakakawea, wind and popup thunderstorms on the ride in in the afternoon. This was a chance to fish a part of the lake I have never fished before and gain a months worth of lake insight because info is shared to get the vets onto fish if at all possible. Thanks Chad for the info shared to help me get the vet in my boat his first walleye. Great event and will make every effort to make it for years to come if possible. If you are fishing anyway, why not do it in a way to say thanks to a vet if possible. Just want to say as a vet who chose to captain for another vet, thanks to the board personal who puts in a lot of personal time to make this happen. dukgnfsn

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had an awesome time meeting other NDA folks, learning the lake and taking a couple of young active service guys out for the day. One was from California and one from Florida. One had never fished in a boat here before and the other only at last years event. They both caught several nice fish and we all had a blast. Can't wait for next year when we can get the "band" back together (That was for you KDM)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great Time Again!!! This year I didn't ;:;barf and skipped the 3 day hangover. I was especially nice having the ability to speak english instead of slurrrrrrrrenglish. Had a BLAST talking with all the NDA'ers and other participants. Was still laughing about the "Band" on the way home today Lapper. I'm going to remember that one for quite a while. Thanks to all the Captains who took time and effort to make the event the success it was and to the Board of the Warriors on the Water...........My Hats Off To You All!!!

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great job to Aaron, Sam and the rest of the crew in the grey shirts !!!

Never thought I would ever admit to being in a boy band but WTH... Dirty Norm has a ring to it.

KDM, your more fun than a barrel of monkeys, Lapper I already ordered the Areo press, good stuff.

Dennis,
Justin,
all the guys sharing spots and info thanks for speeding up the learning curve !!

Great memorys, and my chance to personally thank a couple warriors.

If I can I'll be there next year.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn!.....great job guys! I'm definitely going to try to be a part of this next year. Not a vet myself but have family that was. I really do appreciate EVERYTHING that was give and/or lost for this country we live in! Hats off to all!!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The BOY BAND must have a story to it, if it can be repeated to the public.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a great time and the NDA community had a pretty good turn out. My warrior got to experience quartering 3 ft waves in a tiller while trying to beat out a storm. Wish he would have taken the entire rain suit. Either way, it was fun to see him horse up a 22" eye. I'm really looking forward to my kidneys and liver getting back to their normal selves, however.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The BOY BAND must have a story to it, if it can be repeated to the public.

there were four of us wearing DH Custom Bait fishing shirts and KDM had a hilarious running rant about us being in a boy band, that led to an evening of comments back and forth. Kind of had to be there. Good Times.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did he at least pay you in beers for advertising for DH Custom Baits? ;:;boozer

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
there were four of us wearing DH Custom Bait fishing shirts and KDM had a hilarious running rant about us being in a boy band, that led to an evening of comments back and forth. Kind of had to be there. Good Times.
Having met KDM in person I can see where it came from. Had to of been funny for sure, kind of like George Carlin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28