Water heater question

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're handy drain your hot water heater take out the old valve and replace it with a ball valve. You'll need a couple 3/4 in fittings and a short piece of copper pipe. Sweat it together and enjoy.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had to replace the 12 gallon electric\gas water heater in my camper :mad:

Only $1150.00 with labor. 🤬 Told the wife for that amount, we could've bought a lot of gas for the pickup and made a lot of trips to the shower house.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had to replace the 12 gallon electric\gas water heater in my camper :mad:

Only $1150.00 with labor. 🤬 Told the wife for that amount, we could've bought a lot of gas for the pickup and made a lot of trips to the shower house.
$100/gallon? Crazy prices. It's nuts how the smaller things in a camper cost 2x the regular home sized things

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a tankless water heater, cleaned it once at 3 months, vinegar came out clean hope it keeps going

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My lower element went out, and I figured for $30 or so, might as well see if I could stretch it out a few years. Hooked up hose, ran hose to drain, and opened up outlet. Didn't pay any attention and thought it drained. When I removed element, water started pouring out. Ended up pulling element out slightly, vacuuming until shop vac was full, replacing element to dump vac, and repeating 8-10 times.

So much sediment (rural water) in there that the outlet drain plugged immediately, but I never noticed. I did stretch the life of the water heater about another 4 years with the new element, though.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thermocouple is a cheap fix. $15 part? No brainer. Do it yourself. If it doesn't solve the problem, you ain't out much.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thermocouple is a cheap fix. $15 part? No brainer. Do it yourself. If it doesn't solve the problem, you ain't out much.
It didn't solve the problem, our plumber will be installing my new NG water heater this morning.
Water heater $600, plumber probably $500.

FJB is all I have to say.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fucking ice maker on the refrigerator is all effed up now too.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unplug the fridge for a few hours. It will reset it and also unthaw it if it may have froze up.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
The fucking ice maker on the refrigerator is all effed up now too.
this is what happens... you let a tech in to work on one piece of equipment and the others get jealous and demand attention. :p sorry about your luck!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew this would haunt me. I once told a coworker that my diesel pickup will last me a lifetime, as I only put a couple weekends a year on it, within 3 weeks the engine blew a rod out the side of the block...

WTF I open my fat mouth for is beyond me.
Just hope it quits working before it decides to catastrophically fail and dumps hundreds of gallons before you finally notice it……..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88