Weather...

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did some research and found out that gorilla balls are approx. 2 inches in diameter, rather small for the size of the animal. A golf ball is 1.68 inches in diameter... only slightly smaller, I feel it is possible to get gorilla ball hail in a severe storm and probably has happened quite a bit in the past.
The size estimates should be updated at the NWS as follows: pea , marble, ping pong, golf ball, gorilla balls, so on and so forth.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to be a roofer 40 years ago.

A hail storm went through between Douglas and Garrison.

Grapefruit size hail went right through the steel shop roofs, and 3/4 inch boards on the houses. Farmer crawled between the duels on the tractor in the shop so he wouldn't get hit by a stone.

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did some research and found out that gorilla balls are approx. 2 inches in diameter, rather small for the size of the animal. A golf ball is 1.68 inches in diameter... only slightly smaller, I feel it is possible to get gorilla ball hail in a severe storm and probably has happened quite a bit in the past.
The size estimates should be updated at the NWS as follows: pea , marble, ping pong, golf ball, gorilla balls, so on and so forth.
I cant imagine the shit that will pop up on your computer after googling that.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not verified, could be photo shopped but I did find this on the internet so it has to be true

1719580443280.png

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
No hail out west? Here comes the shit now wind wind and more wind

Please god send the jet stream high into canada please

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 241
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 147