Weather...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought perhaps it was from cloud seeding isn't that common procedure here
I think that is a common jump to conclusion train of thought. I recall an internet claim that the cloud seeding along the ND/MT border was stealing their precipitation, as in making it fall before it progressed. My thought is if this train of thought had merit, shouldn't there be a very lush strip of plant growth that parallels the border?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question - they do cloud seed up by willy and in the SW part why not central -- Bis had such large hail this summer.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was heading back from bring a water truck to Bottineau this morning, heading north of hwy 85 to where the plant was set up about 3:30 to pickup my truck and was heading back to my camper going south on 85 aagain and to the west up ahead I could see smoke running across the road.
I was foolish enough to drive through the smoke and flames right next to my pickup could not see anything other then being able to drive on the rumble strips to get to the other side. Wasn't even 15 minutes time between the time that I got in my truck till the time of the fire. No doubt this was done unintentionally or accidentally on purpose since it was right next to this person farm. Anyways this is probably what Davey is talking about

Attachments

Screenshot_20241005_184457_Maps.jpg Screenshot_20241005_184432_Maps.jpg
Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst is up by Ray and it just jumped HWY 2 .
Yeah I don't see anything on the one I went through on 85, but a coworker who dropped me off to my pickup drove west one mile and said that the fire and smoke was east of her on the next county road. Now I know how people feel when a person thinks they can drive down a flooded road only to find out that he road is washed out, never witnessed anything like that before, I guess I'm grateful that I wasn't hurt and will definitely never make a decision like that

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brother in Boise said the hills are now red with fire retardant out there they have one just north east of town. He can see flames from his friends house that lives on that side of town

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Air tankers were diverted off of the Elk Fire in the Bighorns to make drops in W ND. There’s a bunch off contract so resources are limited. Winds need to go down!

Tinesdown

Established Member
Air tankers were diverted off of the Elk Fire in the Bighorns to make drops in W ND. There’s a bunch off contract so resources are limited. Winds need to go down!
Yeah its died down alot in williston around 8.00

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 103
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19