Weird food combinations that work

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this topic started before but I can't find it. The Arby's elk got me thinking about it.

One of our oddest - but a clear favorite - is split pea soup and tuna sandwiches. Dunk the tuna sandwich in the soup like a french dip. I know - sounds barfy but it's amazing.

Growing up in a trailer park in south Bismarck makes a guy's tongue a little goofy.

Also, spread jelly on a sweet roll and lay a couple slices of bologna on top. Mmm.... breakfast of champions for Trailer Park Boys.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
my wife puts cheez whiz on cinnamon raisin toast. She thought I was weird for never hearing of that.

its actually pretty good.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once had lunch with a family that put peanut butter and mayo on their BLT's, it was edible.

Cold days mom would make us grilled cheese and hot chocolate and we'd dunk the GC in the HC, matter of fact I still do that. I've also seen grilled cheese dunked in tomato soup, but I typically don't eat tomato soup so I've never done it.

While many would consider me a heathen, I think a bold Malbec or Cabernet goes with everything.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't eat a grilled cheese without tomato soup. And I've done the chokecherry syrup/summer sausage as well. I could drink chokecherry syrup. All in all, I've cut enough weight in my life that I'll eat most anything.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The butthole sandwich. Bagel peanut butter with honey and bacon. Have 10 vacum sealed right now on the way to Idaho

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
guyfromtrailerpark the pea soup and tuna yea sweet roll and bologna yea must have came from same hood been doing that for years. more then a goofy tongue me thinks.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've recently become a fan of peanut butter on bacon cheeseburgers.. with an egg of course.

Jelly on summer sausage sandwiches = best sandwich ever.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
one of my favorite snacks is peanut butter with pickle sandwich. have even done it with hot pickled cherry peppers.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a kid my babysitter would make us eat ketchup and bologna sandwiches. Shit was NASTY

- - - Updated - - -

I do enjoy peanut butter and banana sandwiches quite a bit

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mustard & onion slice on white, cheese and sweet relish in toast, peanut butter & about anything (bacon, dill pickles, bananas, summer sausage, onion slice, jelly/jam).

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tomato sandwich - white break, miracle whip, tomato ( at least 1/2" thick ) salt, and pepper

fried knoephla, sauerkraut, sausage and topped with maple syrup

Just yesterday I had a guy tell me that in Canada he tried mashed pickled beets mixed with horseradish sauce and it was very good on a burger.

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peanut butter on pancakes. Younger bro tried it back when we were snot nosed little tykes. I thought he was just being a dumb little brother until I tried it.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thick slice of sweet onion on buttered toast with ranch.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two poached eggs on a piece of toast drenched in warm milk. My dad started doing it when I was little, probably to see if I was dumb enough to eat it. I haven't stopped yet.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will put peanut butter or maple syrup on about anything. Love maple syrup on sausage and eggs. New favorite snack is Wavy lays chips and peanut butter.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
After frying bacon, my dad used to mix the hot bacon fat with Karo syrup together in the pan and spread that on toast. I think that came from the 1930's time frame when food was scarce and he watched his grandfather do it at breakfast. God, that had to be an "artery hardening combination", but they also did way more physical labor and probably worked it off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33