svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
th

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
update

http://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarc...man-meet-to-discuss-easing-tensions/618844101

The chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe says most of the Dakota Access Pipeline protesters should be gone by the New Year.

That's according to a press release from the Governor.
Dave Archambault and Governor Jack Dalrymple met Monday night for around three hours.
The meeting included tribal members and other state leaders at the Morton County-Mandan Law Enforcement Center.
The point is to reduce tensions between protesters and law enforcement.
The Governor's office says all leaders agreed to let Department of Transportation officials examine the Backwater Bridge's structural integrity and get it open to the public.
The bridge along Highway 1806 has been closed since November 20th.

Authorities say the number of protesters at the main camp has dropped to around 300 people from a peak of nearly 10-thousand.

- - - Updated - - -

They could have used a little more care when unboxing the damn thing. It was fragile after all.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is awesome because it's like u just realized how full of shit Dean really is, or u finally just had the courage to say it. Either way I may have just gained a little respect for Dirty.

DirtyMike gained my respect when he told the story of carrying a spare Ice Cold Busch Light in his shirt pocket, just incase.

damn guy is johnr type wicked smart.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a prestigious honor for Mike from a much esteemed individual. Immediately cut the shi'ite.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If native Americans really want to protest something of good cause then they should lobby for stricter regulations on pipe that is already in service. These loopholes need to be closed immediately and foever that way when our drinking water becomes to high in contamination from fracing we can make them build water treatment plants.

- - - Updated - - -

update

http://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarc...man-meet-to-discuss-easing-tensions/618844101

The chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe says most of the Dakota Access Pipeline protesters should be gone by the New Year.

That's according to a press release from the Governor.
Dave Archambault and Governor Jack Dalrymple met Monday night for around three hours.
The meeting included tribal members and other state leaders at the Morton County-Mandan Law Enforcement Center.
The point is to reduce tensions between protesters and law enforcement.
The Governor's office says all leaders agreed to let Department of Transportation officials examine the Backwater Bridge's structural integrity and get it open to the public.
The bridge along Highway 1806 has been closed since November 20th.

Authorities say the number of protesters at the main camp has dropped to around 300 people from a peak of nearly 10-thousand.

- - - Updated - - -

They could have used a little more care when unboxing the damn thing. It was fragile after all.

That's because it came from France

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
In this issue bonding wouldn't make any difference. Bonding insures jobs being completed. Insurance pays for clean ups of this sort. Now if this pipeline company hires somebody to clean up the mess that company may have to buy a bond to insure they complete the job. You are not required by the state of ND to be bonded anymore in construction. I'm not sure what all that entails though. I don't know if bonds are exempt from law for all companies unless required by the company doing the hiring or what.

By bonding I was refering to coverage to pay for clean up, ie insurance. Are companies operating in ND not required to have a minimum level of insurance coverage for that? What is that level? I ask becasue that has been the reason in years past given why some of these smaller companies have walked away from cleaning up some salt water spills in our area.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
So has anyone heard what ever became of the missing gofundme vet money? Did it finally reappear or is there some dumb excuse that got cooked up to make it look like someone elses fault

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it only Natives that drink water out of the Missouri river?

Why is the water is life nonsense mean that the evil white man is fine with drinking oil?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So has anyone heard what ever became of the missing gofundme vet money? Did it finally reappear or is there some dumb excuse that got cooked up to make it look like someone elses fault

That
falls under the category of "NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tribal Chairman discusses owning a gas station while fighting a pipeline

Throughout the Dakota Access Pipeline protests Chairman Archambault has been under a microscope.

One area of contention is his ownership of the Cannon Ball pit stop.
A gas station located a few miles from the main protest camp.
The Chairman has come under fire for owning a business almost dependent on fossil fuels while one of the main purposes of the Dakota Access Pipeline conflict has been encouraging alternate energy resources.
Archambault says there isn't much he can do about that.

David Archambault, Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Chairman: "If this nation can change it's behavior, we have a chance at saving this planet. So, it's okay if you point your finger at me and call me a hypocrite because I sell fuel. There's nothing else out there. And we have to have transportation, we're in rural North Dakota."

Translation: "Even though I'm protesting abortion, it's okay for me to sell baby parts. I mean, people need baby parts. Until science comes up with a way to grow those parts on trees, it's ok for me to continue selling aborted baby parts."

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
By bonding I was refering to coverage to pay for clean up, ie insurance. Are companies operating in ND not required to have a minimum level of insurance coverage for that? What is that level? I ask becasue that has been the reason in years past given why some of these smaller companies have walked away from cleaning up some salt water spills in our area.
I honestly don't know if there is a requirement. There should be a huge insurance policy for anybody having anything to do with a pipeline especially.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to know who supplies him with his fuel. those people should be casterated

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would love to see his just how much his income went up selling Doritos and Pepsi to the hippies this fall! But I'm sure that played no part in him pushing the protest on even when the people of cannonball wanted them gone!:;:stirthepot

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I lived in an oil producing area, I would be lobbying for a pipeline so myself and my loved ones wouldn't get crushed or burned by a runaway oil truck or a derailed train.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do think we need to take a serious look at older pipelines. Wonder if we shouldn't be putting a shelf life on them based on their size, specs, corrosion proofing, etc. Decommission them after a certain number of years.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do think we need to take a serious look at older pipelines. Wonder if we shouldn't be putting a shelf life on them based on their size, specs, corrosion proofing, etc. Decommission them after a certain number of years.

Perhaps this is a good idea but I thought I heard on the news today that the recent pipeline failure NW of Belfield was a pipe that had been replaced not long ago. Maybe required maintenance instead of total replacement would serve as well. It is also speculated that for some reason the monitoring device failed to sense the leak. Will be interesting to see the reason for the leak when all is said and done.

In the end, regardless of how oil is moved we are going to have cleanup from accidents. The one pipeline that I don't hear much about and has moved millions of barrels of oil is the huge pipeline in Alaska. Remember the concern about that pipeline when it was being built.Leaks were going to be a problem, caribou would never be able to migrate, etc. Now I don't ever hear about it. I'm sure there have been leaks and issues but it seems like they are taken care of somehow. As long as we are moving oil we will have to clean it up occasionally.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

i am completely floored that this isn't protocol by now?!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14