Well this is going to get interesting

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well the oil company who spilled the 4,200 barrels of oil lost basically $200,000 before the cleanup and fines any bets on if they have enough money to survive this or even more so clean up their mess instead of folding and making us pay for the clean up?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on dean. And oil company losing $200k is like any of us losing $1. Instead of speculating, make a firm indication as to what you're trying to pass off as knowledge.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure they have, or are required to have, insurance policies in place to cover these events. Don't think money to clean it up will be an issue.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on dean. And oil company losing $200k is like any of us losing $1. Instead of speculating, make a firm indication as to what you're trying to pass off as knowledge.

i couldn't tell if deano was being facetious or not

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure they have, or are required to have, insurance policies in place to cover these events. Don't think money to clean it up will be an issue.

One of the issues is I donl;t think they are required to be bonded at a high enough level to pay for the cleanup most times. Up here some companies have walked away from salt water spills in the past that exceeded their bonded coverage.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
he worked for an oil company ya know, that was after his stint with nasa I think

- - - Updated - - -

i will lol if it was

I've heard that 701 is the DAPL security guy who was chased into that slough with rifle in hand and is also responsible for the 176,000 gallon spill out west. He also worked with the Russians to hack the elections and guarantee a Trump victory as well as forcing the Siberian cold front into the plains to freeze the Granola Riot to the point where they're no longer able to reproduce. 701fishslayer is one busy mofo.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why because I can do basic math and know this is a little oil company out of SD that just put a couple hundred thousand dollers worth of oil on the ground which will cost millions to clean up! Spills like this are just the sort of thing that bankrupt small oil companies and considering this company is all ready in deep shit for dumping salt water out of their trucks this sure the hell won't help their bottom line. now add in the fact that most oil companies are not exactly raking in the cash right now and thing can get bad pretty quick.

Last edited:

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why because I can do basic math and know this is a little oil company out of SD that just put a couple hundred thousand dollers worth of oil on the ground which will cost millions to clean up! Spills like this are just the sort of thing that bankrupt small oil companies and considering this company is all ready in deep shit for dumping salt water out of their trucks this sure the hell won't help their bottom line. now add in the fact that most oil companies are not exactly raking in the cash right now and thing can get bad pretty quick.

the company operating that pipeline is out of wyoming there deano

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your are correct not sure why I would have thought the [FONT=&quot]Belle Fourche Pipeline Co was from SD![/FONT]

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the reason why pipes need to be buried deep underground so that breaks in lines can be neutralized without oil spills being allowed to run down creek beds for 6 miles dumping some 176000 gallons of crude oil. If this pipe would of been updated after it was built some 40 years ago during a time when underground directional boring was not feasible this would have been avoided such a devastation of our natural environment is uncalled for there is no excuse for this.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't worry about the fine for the spill. Lynn Helms will either really reduce it or not make them pay at all. He lowers so many of the fines it is rediculous. If the fine is $500,000. they should pay the whole amount. You don't see your fines lowered if/when you go to court do you?
I wrote a letter to the Governor about this and also to Burgum. Doubt anything will be done but we will see.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Company Overview

Belle Fourche Pipeline Company is a liquids pipeline operator that gathers and transports crude oil. The company was founded in 1957 and is based in Casper, Wyoming. Belle Fourche Pipeline Company operates as a subsidiary of True Companies, Inc.

True Cos. has a history of oil field–related spills in North Dakota and Montana, including a January 2015 pipeline break into the Yellowstone River. The 32,000-gallon spill temporarily shut down water supplies in the downstream community of Glendive, Montana, after oil was detected in the city's water treatment system. True Cos. operates at least three pipeline companies with a combined 1,648 miles of line in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming, according to information the companies submitted to federal regulators. Since 2006, the companies have reported 36 spills totaling 320,000 gallons of petroleum products, most of which was never recovered.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are exactly the stories that makes me worried about a pipeline of oil under SAK or OAHE, I just don't trust these big oil companies.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
that right Rowdie instead of stopping progress on new technology of transfer of natural resources a lot of line that is in the ground or above ground some pipe is 40+ years old, now need to be replaced with current technology also these companies need to be held accountable for their actions if they go belly up so be it.
Like i said before i am not against this pipeline DAPL BUT I am against those who allow these companies to get away with careless business practices.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm no mathematician. I'll be the first to tell you that. You're the one to initially throw out numbers, so I'm not sure why math is being brought into the conversation. You speculate and when the final news comes out, you pick one of your guesses and tell us all that you were right. At the end of the day, you're a punchline.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If this pipeline company went under one of the other True companies would just buy it out. There is a reason all those companies are separated the way they are. This company needs to pay because these offenses have been going on way too long! They prob have insurance to pay for the spill but then again they hired their own environmental firm to clean it up. What a crooked set of companies.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If'n I was head of a big oil company I would pay little POS oil companies to move my oil around real cheap-like... see? (gangster voice)

That way if (when) oil gets spilled (because they used the cheapest method possible) the little POS pays the cleanup/big fines (insurance company fits in here somewhere).

Anyway - that's sort of how I would do it. Because I am smart with money - because I'm a big oil exec.

But I would imagine this type of situation is actually rare. :)

- - - Updated - - -

If this pipeline company went under one of the other True companies would just buy it out. There is a reason all those companies are separated the way they are. This company needs to pay because these offenses have been going on way too long! They prob have insurance to pay for the spill but then again they hired their own environmental firm to clean it up. What a crooked set of companies.

oops - saw that after my post :;:howdy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 16