Well this is going to get interesting

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
he may be native but he ain't from around here, I'd put money on that

that deer may have been shot by the native fella in the picture. they have different laws on the reservation for the natives. and i am not sure they need to actually have the animal tagged to take it off reservation for processing. probably just need some sort of transport tag in their possession.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
he may be native but he ain't from around here, I'd put money on that

Thats kind if what I was thinking. With all that has gone down I doubt the gnf would make this public if they didnt have some credibal evidence.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe the legal thing is if the deer was killed on tribal land it needs to remain on tribal lands. Otherwise if tranporting it off tribal land, it must be carcass tribal tag. So to have 2 clearly untagged deer it poaching in my books. Here again another blatant illegal activity where they think they are granted special protest privilege. Laws are only good if you enforce them. Just my .02!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the legal thing is if the deer was killed on tribal land it needs to remain on tribal lands. Otherwise if tranporting it off tribal land, it must be carcass tribal tag. So to have 2 clearly untagged deer it poaching in my books. Here again another blatant illegal activity where they think they are granted special protest privilege. Laws are only good if you enforce them. Just my .02!
Doesn't work that way. It's the same deal as if you are bringing a deer elk or moose in from another state you just have to make sure you follow the proper tagging requirements for that state. This is one of the biggest reasons why nd's rule on picking up deer skulls is nearly unenforceable. Now the rez does use carcass tags but considering those tags just have to be with the deer not actually on the deer during butchering good luck coming up with a violation that will stick unless they are dumb enough to talk or post up evidence proving a violation was committed.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
law enforcement have people embedded in the camps. they have obviously picked up on this deer being taken off of reservation land. thus them going public

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That used to be a haven for wildlife down there. Big bucks and pheasants up the arse. That pisses me off the most. What a waste.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So does the pipeline to fargo/ GF contribute to their cheaper fuel?

- - - Updated - - -

You think their going to start getting the facts straight now?

Fargo has at least 3 refined products pipelines that serve the area. The more competition leads to much lower prices.

- - - Updated - - -

North Border is an NGL line.
I'm almost certain it's just natural gas. Check their website. The Alliance pipeline that crosses the state transports NGL.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That used to be a haven for wildlife down there. Big bucks and pheasants up the arse. That pisses me off the most. What a waste.

Tell me about it. I was going to fill my tag there this year. Instead I ate that tag. Thanks hippie riot, you assholes.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo has at least 3 refined products pipelines that serve the area. The more competition leads to much lower prices. - - - Updated - - - I'm almost certain it's just natural gas. Check their website. The Alliance pipeline that crosses the state transports NGL.
yes you are correct it's gas only. I didn't realize you were talking NGL.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
As for the deer I think G&F should spend a little money on this. Now days DNA will actually tell you where a deer come from by slight differences. The problem is north and south of the river would be to close I would guess. North Dakota and Oregon would work. I don't know what the geographic spread requirement would be. Maybe worth a try just to expose these people for who they are.

I noticed all those propane tanks too. I'll bet before winter is over we get a carbon monoxide case. If the extra stupid ones don't kill themselves huffing first. I don't know what they get out of it, but in my home area some native kids will pull off a gas cap and huff. That can't add to the grey matter. Then they blame us because their life expectancy isn't the same as ours.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were handing out carbon monoxide directors with the heaters so odds are not near as good as it would have been otherwise. As for the deer if there is any indication it came from sioux County the game and fish won't touch it unless they have an ironclad case. Delt with them before on it and they avoid that area so much the lady didn't even know who the states attorney for Sioux County was so good luck getting them to do anything. It will have to be a transporting without tag type of thing unless these guys are stupid (very possible with this crew) and hand them a ready made case. This whole deal may be a bit of a bluff on the game and fishes part knowing they can't do much but let's the dip shits know they are watching to try and keep the group from running more wild then they already are and keep the poaching to a minimum.

On a side note this storm aught to be a fun one for them!:;:muahaha

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well this last little shot of snow along with some good ice on the river will really make the a muddy mess for someone to cleanup after they all leave this spring when the pipe is put in. I sure hope someone documents or records all of the garbage and Shiite laying around for future reference. Since this is ACOE land, I wonder how they plan to clean that place up.

Anybody planning on finding a nice piece of ACOE land camp on this summer? After all they precedence. ;:;popcorn :::

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they better not ever bitch about people walking below 1850 or whatever the hell it is.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you are camping this summer on Corp land all you have to tell them is your protesting the pipe line. They will just turn around and walk away.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm curious about the delivery of rock onto corps land.... Pretty sure it is illegal, can the delivery company / selling company be charged / held liable? Sort of like delivering a load of manure to the capital steps....

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this last little shot of snow along with some good ice on the river will really make the a muddy mess for someone to cleanup after they all leave this spring when the pipe is put in. I sure hope someone documents or records all of the garbage and Shiite laying around for future reference. Since this is ACOE land, I wonder how they plan to clean that place up.

Anybody planning on finding a nice piece of ACOE land camp on this summer? After all they precedence. ;:;popcorn :::

I fully plan on getting pics but unfortunately it's likely to play out much worse then your scenario. That main camp sits on an extremely low chunk of ground that forms a peninsula between the Cannonball River in the south and the creek to the north both of which are likely to flood this spring. Would guess much of what must be pretty much buried at this point probably won't appear quick enough to be picked up before the flood waters grab it. Mind you a shit ton of littler lining the shore is the pic I will be searching for to depantes these so-called water protectors and show them for what they really are! Be really funny if we could talk in a couple of oilfield companies to send their employees out to pick up the oil protesters trash that would definitely make for some interesting PR for the whole thing!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm curious about the delivery of rock onto corps land.... Pretty sure it is illegal, can the delivery company / selling company be charged / held liable? Sort of like delivering a load of manure to the capital steps....

dont go on core land dump it at the top and it is there problem to transport it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55