Well this is going to get interesting

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard on the news this morning that the Corp gave them until the end of the month to clean up their mess and get out, or they will be forcibly removed. I'll believe it when I see it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that's probably in conjunction with the tribes ultimatum as well so I would guess it probably has some truth to it. If the Corp can have the tribe and natives backing that will deflect most all the negative press they would have got before. Plus the Corp does tend to get a little pissy if you start dumping shit into their lakes just ask the people with cabins on Lake tschida.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Army Corps to Close Land Where Protesters Camped

Bismarck, ND
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers say it will close federal property where Dakota Access oil pipeline protesters have camped beginning on Feb. 22 because of concerns about flooding.

In a statement on Friday, the Corps says there has been a record snowfall and long periods of frigid temperatures at the mouth of the Cannonball River where the protesters have been camped. There is a high potential of flooding from spring runoff and ice jams.

The Corps said it sent notices to the protesters saying that they risk possible injury or death if they stay. The notice added that debris, trash and untreated waste from the camp could pollute the river and Lake Oahe.

Opponents of the pipeline have been camped there to try to stop the completion of the pipeline.

I wonder who the lucky guy is that gets to dig up the frozen shitsickles. ;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

BIA to provide more officers to assist Standing Rock Sioux tribe in closing protest camps on tribe's land

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After pressing the administration for federal support for law enforcement on the ground in North Dakota, U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp announced Friday that the Bureau of Indian Affairs will provide BIA law enforcement support to assist the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in closing protest camps on the tribe’s land.
The announcement comes just a week after Heitkamp urged President Donald Trump to provide federal funds to support North Dakota law enforcement that have been working at the protest.
Heitkamp made her formal request after the president announced in January that he supported the completion of the pipeline.
Heitkamp says she will continue to push the president to look at paying the state back for costs incurred during the DAPL protests. North Dakota has spent more than $22 million on law enforcement in relation to the protests.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
God look at all the half clasped tents. Wonder if that ford is still sitting there i will help them clean that up!

584b1ee06c9dd.image.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Army Corps to Close Land Where Protesters Camped

Bismarck, ND
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers say it will close federal property where Dakota Access oil pipeline protesters have camped beginning on Feb. 22 because of concerns about flooding.

In a statement on Friday, the Corps says there has been a record snowfall and long periods of frigid temperatures at the mouth of the Cannonball River where the protesters have been camped. There is a high potential of flooding from spring runoff and ice jams.

The Corps said it sent notices to the protesters saying that they risk possible injury or death if they stay. The notice added that debris, trash and untreated waste from the camp could pollute the river and Lake Oahe.

Opponents of the pipeline have been camped there to try to stop the completion of the pipeline.

I wonder who the lucky guy is that gets to dig up the frozen shitsicklesv. ;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

BIA to provide more officers to assist Standing Rock Sioux tribe in closing protest camps on tribe's land

WASHINGTON, D.C. - After pressing the administration for federal support for law enforcement on the ground in North Dakota, U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp announced Friday that the Bureau of Indian Affairs will provide BIA law enforcement support to assist the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in closing protest camps on the tribe’s land.
The announcement comes just a week after Heitkamp urged President Donald Trump to provide federal funds to support North Dakota law enforcement that have been working at the protest.
Heitkamp made her formal request after the president announced in January that he supported the completion of the pipeline.
Heitkamp says she will continue to push the president to look at paying the state back for costs incurred during the DAPL protests. North Dakota has spent more than $22 million on law enforcement in relation to the protests.

That's Bullsnakes JOB LOL

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride and i were talking and she mentioned how many syringes and needles there probably are there. From diabetes to drug users this could be a big problem. Could get pushed in the dirt or snow and still be there come spring. I can't believe they are salvaging some of the stuff. Give me the heebees geebees just thinking about it. After the ground firms up next spring maybe they should work it up and then seed it and roll it with a big roller.
Dean did you just take this the other day? Any idea what the other camps look like? Guessing probably the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Heard on the news this morning that the Corp gave them until the end of the month to clean up their mess and get out, or they will be forcibly removed. I'll believe it when I see it.
I think it is until February 22nd.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
My bride and i were talking and she mentioned how many syringes and needles there probably are there. From diabetes to drug users this could be a big problem. Could get pushed in the dirt or snow and still be there come spring. I can't believe they are salvaging some of the stuff. Give me the heebees geebees just thinking about it. After the ground firms up next spring maybe they should work it up and then seed it and roll it with a big roller.
Dean did you just take this the other day? Any idea what the other camps look like? Guessing probably the same?

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts on the used syringes as well. When I think of Seattle Hippies I think of heroin. Apparently one of the things they often requested was laxatives. Heroin, like other opiates causes constipation. They were getting paid cash and could lay around in the tents all day without being bothered. I don't think we should send in the Boy Scouts to clean up.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that's probably in conjunction with the tribes ultimatum as well so I would guess it probably has some truth to it. If the Corp can have the tribe and natives backing that will deflect most all the negative press they would have got before. Plus the Corp does tend to get a little pissy if you start dumping shit into their lakes just ask the people with cabins on Lake tschida.

Tschida is run by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.

I think the better way to put it is that the U.S. taxpayers get pissy when you foul up public waters with your crap.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's a mess out there but slowly getting it done, it's funny arguing with some of these dipshits, got a lot of locals out helping now so these guys are starting to get the message and are keeping there distance.
That's Bullsnakes JOB LOL

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Is not my photo so not sure on the date. Looks like the cops took it most likely up on turtle hill or whatever it is they call it. From the looks of it would guess it was taken before our first warm up so it's probably three weeks old or so.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sanitation Crews Search for Dead Bodies Amid Piles of Pipeline Protester Trash

Lachlan MarkayFebruary 7, 2017 9:43 am
Oil Pipeline Protest
The protest camp near Cannon Ball, North Dakota still has an estimated 2000 people who oppose the Dakota Access Pipeline / AP

BY: Follow @lachlan

Authorities in North Dakota are working to prevent an environmental catastrophe caused by the massive amounts of trash left behind by anti-oil pipeline protesters, local media report.

State and tribal sanitation crews are rushing to remove piles of waste and debris left over from the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline before weather warms and the mountains of trash turn toxic.

According to cleaning crews, they're worried they might even find dead bodies among the piles of refuse that now pollute areas where anti-pipeline protesters camped out for months.

"It's estimated it will take 250 trucks filled with litter to clear the camp," according to a local NBC affiliate. Once the spring thaw comes, the area could be at risk of major environmental damage. "In a month, all this trash could become toxic."

"We are looking for, as I said, anything illegal, anything that might be used to, I guess, harm our officers during a protest," says Jay Gruebele, Morton County Sheriff's Office Captain.

Authorities are also searching through the piles for evidence they hope they don't find.

"As bad as it sounds, we're looking for people that may have died and could be wrapped up in a canvas or a tarp or tent," says Gruebele.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
[video]http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Sanitation-crews-work-to-remove-massive-amounts-of-garbage-from-DAPL-protest-camp-before-spring-thaw-412954433.html[/video]

Why don't they dump the trash in the standing rock reservation, why haul it to Bismarck??!!!!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
[video]http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Sanitation-crews-work-to-remove-massive-amounts-of-garbage-from-DAPL-protest-camp-before-spring-thaw-412954433.html[/video]

Why don't they dump the trash in the standing rock reservation, why haul it to Bismarck??!!!!
great point.
Wasn't likely to many Bismarck folks out there leaving trash and dead bodies lying around.

But we know that the tribe at some point had thousands of people in the area.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 34
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11