What do you do when not hunting/fishing?

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photography, reloading ammunition, volunteering at the W. Fargo indoor range, travel.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Summer time is all about being on my pontoon as much as possible, and year round I workout about an hour and a half everyday, winter time I stay warm and dream of being in Florida when I am not actually there. Work full time, harass the wife, browse forums like this one and help out on my mother in laws old McDonald farm, critters of all sorts all over, cut and split fire wood for me and her and help clean up the farm from many years of neglect.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well life has gotten busy so I try to jam a lot in a little amount of time. Got a wife and 4 kids so hunting for myself has really gotten slim as the wife has taken to archery and so have the kids. Only time I get to hunt is when they don't wanna go which is fine because I love watching them anyway. I do some archery repair, hunt as much as possible and try to follow 4 kids as they wanna participate in about every sport they can. I squeeze in some fishing whenever I'm not riding motorcycle. And in the winter I shoot as many coyotes as possible. And when it's dark out I spend a lot of time loading shells for all my rifles. That leaves a little time to sleep but not much!

oh and got a new house 2 years ago so between finishing the garage and getting grass to grow along with whatever else the wife wants done around the place. I'm getting closer to done so that will free up some time hopefully also.

Last edited:

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually working, life is to short and everything else can wait. It probably helps that The Bride and I don't have any kiddos and I could care less about how the lawn looks, especially when summer is only like 3 months long up here!

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually working, life is to short and everything else can wait. It probably helps that The Bride and I don't have any kiddos and I could care less about how the lawn looks, especially when summer is only like 3 months long up here!

Seems it's only two months long down here.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife and I bought a house in December so my to-do list is never ending along with trying to keep my moms house up for her. Summer weekends are spent on the pontoon with a cold beer in hand. Winters I have been trying out some woodworking and building misc things. Some things turn out, some just turn into expensive fire wood but its still a good learning experience.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems the house and lawn gets my time when not enjoying the outdoors. Last summer went a little wild and built an outdoor kitchen, dinning area and outdoor fireplace. kind of a man cave drink beer relax spot.
Going to start a shelter/gazebo type thing starting tomorrow.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Seems the house and lawn gets my time when not enjoying the outdoors. Last summer went a little wild and built an outdoor kitchen, dinning area and outdoor fireplace. kind of a man cave drink beer relax spot.
Going to start a shelter/gazebo type thing starting tomorrow.

Ummm ... I think we found our location for the 1st NDA Minot Area Gathering ;)

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Not a bad idea. I'm up for that

We'll have to figure something out. The wife is on call at work this weekend, so I have kiddo duty. But basically open every other weekend. Ugh, can't wait 'til she is done with school. Get my weekends back.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
You set the date and I'll be there ... as long as the wife isn't on call.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
May 16th or 17th a Sat or Sunday evening if folks preferred weekends, but any weekday evening from the 11th on work in May for me
If we eventually get a head count and date I can supply grilled burgers/brats and others could bring sides etc and fav beverage

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i phone 031.jpgRide this touring the county.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cancelled my trip this week and up for a get together if anyone is game. How about Friday evening 7PM for a few brews and some brats.
If that works for anyone PM me for address

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Volmer is the only one on the list for get together tonight 7pm
anyone wants to meet come by for a while. Will have fire going, brats. bring whatever you want to drink
will be a fun time! Promise

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
catching, collecting, raising, buying, selling, educating, breeding, training, photographing reptiles.

also some fish taxidermy and automotive painting

Hey MSA, you should bring your CREEK CHUB thread over here. Thats a great one! I FINALLY found some this spring, took me a few hours, but I got 15 of the bastards. Was catching some other type of shiner 10 to 1 in the spot I was at tho, so that was a big PITA. Creek chubs were very healthy, but the shiner things, many of them had nasty parasites, bumps and stuff under their skin, gross!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey MSA, you should bring your CREEK CHUB thread over here. Thats a great one! I FINALLY found some this spring, took me a few hours, but I got 15 of the bastards. Was catching some other type of shiner 10 to 1 in the spot I was at tho, so that was a big PITA. Creek chubs were very healthy, but the shiner things, many of them had nasty parasites, bumps and stuff under their skin, gross!
http://nodakangler.com/forums/showthread.php?147-Creek-Chubs
Im no MSA in fact i learned all i know about chubs from him but this is my feeble attempt to create his thread

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82