What is the status on the pelican ramp did they dredge it or ?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did they ever dredge the pelican ramp? This summer I have put in on the main lake. I know when we went by the ramp it looked like quite a few using it earlier this summer.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as I know, it has not been dredged. We used it about two months ago. It was kind of a PITA to get out of that little bay, but it was doable. Just had to trim the motor up.

Wishiniwasfishin

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 weeks ago we floated at 208 lund with a 300 out of it it was shallow but doable there where also some ranger trailers there.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard it is getting really shallow. A couple guys got stuck trying to come back in bay the last few days is what I just heard.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm not sure there's a fix for it if the water doesn't come up... i was there the last time about a month ago, and the gap between the bay and main part of pelican was about .7 or 8', but it's pretty skinny (1.5') for bout 100 yards past that... if it drops another foot, it will be over for most even if the gap is cleaned out... in 3 footers now, bet you could see the bottom in the troughs for a long ways...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is great. That ramp right by westbay really sucks.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let it begin - as tough as high water has been, I'm afraid low water is going to be tougher. On the bright side - with more difficult access to Pelican, the fishing will get even better :)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let it begin - as tough as high water has been, I'm afraid low water is going to be tougher. On the bright side - with more difficult access to Pelican, the fishing will get even better :)
Amen Brother, lots of honey holes were fish are going to be trapped this winter. Especially up north, i can't wait for hard water trolling for eyes:;:thumbsup

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once the water freezes, trolling activities become an impossibility lunker. Have you been spraying your mouth and face with gold spray paint?. #madmaxstyle

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once the water freezes, trolling activities become an impossibility lunker. Have you been spraying your mouth and face with gold spray paint?. #madmaxstyle
NONONO ENSLOWER
I call drilling lots of holes over lots of area looking for active fish "ICE TROLLING" Comprende

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice overrated especially with the late fall

Maybe if you werent consistently wrong about weather patterns and loathed vexilars you would stand a fighting chance on the hardwater. Let me guess you are a boomer???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14