What will you do different this ice fishing season?

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
What will you do different this ice fishing season?

I have always chased the pothole panfish in the winter. I am thinking I might commit to walleye this season on the big lake and see how it goes.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will actually go on the ice drill a hole and fish it. Last year I got all ready, and never did venture out to fish.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my first wheel house this summer so I'm planning on a few weekend trips to Devils Lake for sure as well as some over nights on Metagoshi

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I'd like to try to spend more time finding day time walleyes rather than typically only fishing the sunrise/sunset bite.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan to spend a few more nights on the ice in my pop-up this year. I did it for the first time last year and it was pretty cool being the only person on a random lake all night. I plan to do it on some more popular lakes early before the ice castle army hits and then later on lakes inaccessible to them.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also plan on spending some overnights in the hub. I am not going commit to so may tournaments this year. I want to hit some prairie pot holes for jumbo perch. Other than that, just enjoy another year on the ice and hopefully catch some good fish and have some fish fry's for the family.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the mega live. I'm looking very forward to putting that to use. I'll be on Winnipeg once or twice. I'm still waiting for my crew cab CanAm Defender. Hopefully that comes soon.

I also bought some video equipment. I got a GoPro and a mic/stand for my cell phone. I want to video fishing and hunting with my Twinions. Does anyone have any other video recommendations?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I never ice fished for perch one time last year because I was on such great walleye bites.... I hope to change that a little this year. The perch fishing, not the walleye bite ;)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a fish fry Saturday at a buddies place with 10 of us eating, I realized I have to have more fish fry events, as the freezer is quite full of fish. This being said I will venture out at least 5 weekends on a fishing quest, as its my jam.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
get out more is the plan for us! just need to get the heater installed and the upper doors on the general to make the treks out less miserable

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I have the mega live. I'm looking very forward to putting that to use. I'll be on Winnipeg once or twice. I'm still waiting for my crew cab CanAm Defender. Hopefully that comes soon.

I also bought some video equipment. I got a GoPro and a mic/stand for my cell phone. I want to video fishing and hunting with my Twinions. Does anyone have any other video recommendations?
If you are going to wear the gopro on your chest, during hunts, this is nice:
https://amzn.to/3yaD1sW

Or some sort of dead cats that stick on top of the built in mic(s):
https://amzn.to/3UW40SW

Other than that, using loop mode is the ticket for recording hunting/fishing.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'd like to set up the Arctic Oven tent on the ice a couple of times this year and camp with my 4 year old.

Unfortunately for us, if we want to catch anything larger than 8 inch stocked trout or salmon, we need a snowmachine. Probably be a few more years until the youngest is old enough to make that worth it. And even then it's mostly just pike fishing and some lake trout. Hard to get excited about for a guy that grew up in ice fishing heaven. Last year I bought a small pop up and hand auger to start getting my oldest boy out. It was only the 3rd time ice fishing since I moved to AK 8 years ago. Just not the same as chasing walleye and pike all day. ND is a fishing gem that most don't realize, especially for opportunity in the winter!

DakotaGreg

Established Member
After a few years camping overnight in the portable Otter Resort, I bought my first wheel house. That will probably be my second home this winter. Might need to change my primary mailing address.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a wheel house last winter and got out a fair amount. Ice camping in a wheelhouse during a blizzard, with full tanks of LP is the only way to live on weekends.
I want to take my 4 year old sleeping in it. Hopefully I can keep him entertained enough to do it more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 193
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88