What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
What would you recommend?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ccarver80" data-source="post: 172216" data-attributes="member: 3400"><p>Took the wife out fishing this weekend, first time she's been in my boat since she let me buy hit last spring. It's a 2004 Crestliner 1600 Super Hawk 16' long and 11° deadrise on transom. 1000# dry weight not including motor. </p><p></p><p>It's a decent boat as long as the wind isn't blowing which we went to Mackenzie Bay Saturday and got there early in the morning when it was only like 10-11 mph winds... little bumpy going across the waves and we went back in a bay that I knew the wind would it be disturbing us. </p><p></p><p>Well anyways she had a blast fishing but after is all said and done even the slightest little wind gust I could feel pushing my boat around and it was a little hard to navigate with the trolling motor at times which I guess I've been used to the last year-and-a-half and I didn't want to complain cuz I barely was able to get her to let me buy this boat. On the way back to the marina around noon was a different story 30 to 35 mile an hour winds White Cap'in pretty hard had to take it real slow to get back to the marina which would probably be like any boat. No matter size and weight.. </p><p></p><p>On the way home now she made a comment about buying a bigger boat and ask me about fiberglass because she loves the sparkly color that fiberglass gives off and I said well they're heavier and they're built bigger for bigger water. So anyways moral to the story sounds like she's going to let me look at getting maybe a bigger boat!! </p><p></p><p>I guess my budget is kind of tight right now it probably wouldn't be until maybe fall or next year because I have to save up some money. </p><p></p><p>Fiberglass I think in the long run is going to be too expensive for me and out of my budget unless I go like with a really older boat I'd like to get a little bit newer than what I have now at least stay in the 2000s if not the 2010s. </p><p></p><p>I was looking at Tracker boats online they have like a 20 degree deadrise and it seemed to be a just a little bit heavier plus they come equipped with a Lowrance sonar and a trolling motor already. </p><p></p><p>I know if I get a little bit newer stay like 2012-2015 I can extend the loan out farther and make my payments less I don't know if I'm fully committed to buy brand new just because the depreciation rate is so steep thinking about checking out of state like Minnesota and maybe a little bit farther south for a better deal.</p><p></p><p>I guess I got three main concerns of the boat 1.handle big water and big waves. 2. I'd like newer Electronics including I pilot and sonar that has mapping capabilities 3. Rod storage sound stupid for concern but I'm sick of carrying my fishing poles in the back of my pickup with them bounce around all the time and then having to carry them in and out of the house including my tacklebox every freakin trip... my boat right now has Rod storage for up to 6 foot rods which the smallest ion is 6 foot 6.... </p><p></p><p>So I don't know if this is really a thread looking for advice... or if I'm just airing out my thoughts LOL I guess you can respond accordingly</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ccarver80, post: 172216, member: 3400"] Took the wife out fishing this weekend, first time she's been in my boat since she let me buy hit last spring. It's a 2004 Crestliner 1600 Super Hawk 16' long and 11° deadrise on transom. 1000# dry weight not including motor. It's a decent boat as long as the wind isn't blowing which we went to Mackenzie Bay Saturday and got there early in the morning when it was only like 10-11 mph winds... little bumpy going across the waves and we went back in a bay that I knew the wind would it be disturbing us. Well anyways she had a blast fishing but after is all said and done even the slightest little wind gust I could feel pushing my boat around and it was a little hard to navigate with the trolling motor at times which I guess I've been used to the last year-and-a-half and I didn't want to complain cuz I barely was able to get her to let me buy this boat. On the way back to the marina around noon was a different story 30 to 35 mile an hour winds White Cap'in pretty hard had to take it real slow to get back to the marina which would probably be like any boat. No matter size and weight.. On the way home now she made a comment about buying a bigger boat and ask me about fiberglass because she loves the sparkly color that fiberglass gives off and I said well they're heavier and they're built bigger for bigger water. So anyways moral to the story sounds like she's going to let me look at getting maybe a bigger boat!! I guess my budget is kind of tight right now it probably wouldn't be until maybe fall or next year because I have to save up some money. Fiberglass I think in the long run is going to be too expensive for me and out of my budget unless I go like with a really older boat I'd like to get a little bit newer than what I have now at least stay in the 2000s if not the 2010s. I was looking at Tracker boats online they have like a 20 degree deadrise and it seemed to be a just a little bit heavier plus they come equipped with a Lowrance sonar and a trolling motor already. I know if I get a little bit newer stay like 2012-2015 I can extend the loan out farther and make my payments less I don't know if I'm fully committed to buy brand new just because the depreciation rate is so steep thinking about checking out of state like Minnesota and maybe a little bit farther south for a better deal. I guess I got three main concerns of the boat 1.handle big water and big waves. 2. I'd like newer Electronics including I pilot and sonar that has mapping capabilities 3. Rod storage sound stupid for concern but I'm sick of carrying my fishing poles in the back of my pickup with them bounce around all the time and then having to carry them in and out of the house including my tacklebox every freakin trip... my boat right now has Rod storage for up to 6 foot rods which the smallest ion is 6 foot 6.... So I don't know if this is really a thread looking for advice... or if I'm just airing out my thoughts LOL I guess you can respond accordingly [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
What would you recommend?
Top
Bottom