What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
What would you recommend?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ccarver80" data-source="post: 172222" data-attributes="member: 3400"><p>Good advice everyone! As for how much I'd use it it would be a lot! At least every other weekend and some odd ball weekend between there, .. that's why I don't think financing a boat is to horrible since it gets used alot between april-Sept. No different than a golf membership and those can run shorter seasons! Haha</p><p></p><p>I'm still talking with said wife, ... if we can organize our finances I think I could be able to convince her to go up to about $200 a month on financing about right now we are paying 130 on a 6 year loan I think for my $8,500 boat...... I think I'm going to go aluminum with a deeper deadrise fiberglass would be nice but I think I'd be pushing our budget like I said I'll definitely check out that Walleye Central classifieds just to see what's out there</p><p></p><p><span style="color: silver"><span style="font-size: 9px">- - - Updated - - -</span></span></p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>That's what I was mainly concerned out if it was just the size of my boat or the material of it being aluminum I think I will stick with aluminum just try to shoot for something just a little bit longer 17 and a half maybe even 18 foot then I can use a lighter engine like you said 115 - 150... I'm just kind of really on a kicker right now on them new aluminum Tracker boats for $30,000 I can get and 18 footer with 150 horsepower Plus have the depth finder on trolling motor included which I can always upgrade later on down the road or even try to roll in and upgrade with my financing I just don't know if I want to buy brand new though and I thought I heard a rumor saying the older aluminum trackers had some aluminum weld issues like 2010 and older???</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ccarver80, post: 172222, member: 3400"] Good advice everyone! As for how much I'd use it it would be a lot! At least every other weekend and some odd ball weekend between there, .. that's why I don't think financing a boat is to horrible since it gets used alot between april-Sept. No different than a golf membership and those can run shorter seasons! Haha I'm still talking with said wife, ... if we can organize our finances I think I could be able to convince her to go up to about $200 a month on financing about right now we are paying 130 on a 6 year loan I think for my $8,500 boat...... I think I'm going to go aluminum with a deeper deadrise fiberglass would be nice but I think I'd be pushing our budget like I said I'll definitely check out that Walleye Central classifieds just to see what's out there [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] That's what I was mainly concerned out if it was just the size of my boat or the material of it being aluminum I think I will stick with aluminum just try to shoot for something just a little bit longer 17 and a half maybe even 18 foot then I can use a lighter engine like you said 115 - 150... I'm just kind of really on a kicker right now on them new aluminum Tracker boats for $30,000 I can get and 18 footer with 150 horsepower Plus have the depth finder on trolling motor included which I can always upgrade later on down the road or even try to roll in and upgrade with my financing I just don't know if I want to buy brand new though and I thought I heard a rumor saying the older aluminum trackers had some aluminum weld issues like 2010 and older??? [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Boat Fishing
What would you recommend?
Top
Bottom