Who got their head inspected?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The committee hearings are being conducted to figure out how CWD spreads. In the first video (post 42) Dr. Nicholus Haley admits @ hour 4 the USDA/Wildlife Scientists have absolutely no idea.

Video is recent. November 16th, 2023
Yeah don't forget that deer that are divided by a high fence, meaning that deer that have no contact with free range deer are still being infected. If that doesn't tell you something nefarious is going on with the research into cwd. It's as plain as the red nose on slick willy Clinton, the government does not care about cwd research and landowners and sportsmen, who are about the conservation of our natural resources, are being misled by junk policies like baiting bans.
And those bitch about lack of habitat the last time I checked its not the responsibility of the land owners to provide wildlife with habitat. Perhaps instead of blaming the landowners, sportsman should put the blame on those who we gave that responsibility to.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we are worried about this being transferred to humans , one would think that predators like coyotes, wolves, pumas, and such would also be infected. Not to mention your pets that are fed venison in their dog food that is road kill and other versions of death in deer surely there are some that were infected but you hear of no such cases

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The committee hearings are being conducted to figure out how CWD spreads. In the first video (post 42) Dr. Nicholus Haley admits @ hour 4 the USDA/Wildlife Scientists have absolutely no idea.

Video is recent. November 16th, 2023
oopsa, I meant to say Dr. Tracey Nichols.

Lunkerslayers post #42. Roll the tape. At hour 4 it is stated. They have no idea.

At hour 4:11 the Chairman says, "most of the time AHPIS has no clear indications of how herds become infected. That is disconcerting because that is the exact information we are looking for."

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
oopsa, I meant to say Dr. Tracey Nichols.

Lunkerslayers post #42. Roll the tape. At hour 4 it is stated. They have no idea.

At hour 4:11 the Chairman says, "most of the time AHPIS has no clear indications of how herds become infected. That is disconcerting because that is the exact information we are looking for."
Yes I know fritz, it's the reason why I brought it up, and I still think the deer were infected by prions before they were put into the high fence confinement. It's the most plausible outcome that science has been able to know for certain,.especially since these infected deer can't have close contact because of the high fence. It's BS and they know it, because they really don't care enough to find the answers.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I know fritz, it's the reason why I brought it up, and I still think the deer were infected by prions before they were put into the high fence confinement. It's the most plausible outcome that science has been able to know for certain,.especially since these infected deer can't have close contact because of the high fence. It's BS and they know it, because they really don't care enough to find the answers.
I'm not so sure. This below is from two days ago:

Early last year, a deer euthanized as part of a study at the Kerr Wildlife Management Area research facility in Texas tested positive for chronic wasting disease — the deer equivalent of the brain disorder called “mad cow” in cattle and “Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease” in humans.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...planation/ar-AA1mEnwJ?fullscreen=true#image=2
A buck whitetail deer, Odocoileus virginianus, stands near Goose Island State Park in Texas.

It also might have been a false positive. Follow-up tests failed to confirm the deer’s infection.
But environmental samples taken through the summer showed diseased prions lurking in feed and water troughs. When wildlife officials live-tested every deer in the herd in October, they turned up another positive. On Nov. 20, they killed all of the roughly 90 deer in the herd, depopulating the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s only deer research facility.

The infection at the Kerr research facility capped off a record year of CWD spread in Texas by raising the same question that has confounded officials since the case count started climbing in 2021: How does the disease keep working its way into new sites, when infected deer aren’t the ones spreading it?
The research facility is double high-fenced to keep the penned deer away from the wild ones roaming the 6,400-acre Kerr Wildlife Management Area outside. The facility maintained a “closed herd” that did not accept new deer from outside its fences. Researchers working there followed biosecurity protocols that included disinfecting boots and tools and using dedicated on-site vehicles. No deer had yet tested positive for CWD in the county.
“Everybody has been asking, including myself and our staff, how CWD showed up in the deer research facility,” Texas Big Game Director Alan Cain told HuffPost. “And we don’t have a good answer. Everything is just speculation.”

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
1704901498029.png

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trust "The Science™"

Like the causative agents of scrapie and Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE), the agent responsible for CWD has not been completely characterized. The CWD agent is thought to be an abnormal prion protein. It is smaller than most viral particles and does not evoke a traditional whole body immune response in the host animal, but does cause neuroinflammation. On the basis of experience with other TSE agents, the CWD agent is assumed to be resistant to enzymes and chemicals that normally break down proteins as well as to heat and normal disinfection procedures.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...time, abnormal prion,limited to IHC and ELISA.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not so sure. This below is from two days ago:

Early last year, a deer euthanized as part of a study at the Kerr Wildlife Management Area research facility in Texas tested positive for chronic wasting disease — the deer equivalent of the brain disorder called “mad cow” in cattle and “Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease” in humans.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...planation/ar-AA1mEnwJ?fullscreen=true#image=2
A buck whitetail deer, Odocoileus virginianus, stands near Goose Island State Park in Texas.

It also might have been a false positive. Follow-up tests failed to confirm the deer’s infection.
But environmental samples taken through the summer showed diseased prions lurking in feed and water troughs. When wildlife officials live-tested every deer in the herd in October, they turned up another positive. On Nov. 20, they killed all of the roughly 90 deer in the herd, depopulating the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department’s only deer research facility.

The infection at the Kerr research facility capped off a record year of CWD spread in Texas by raising the same question that has confounded officials since the case count started climbing in 2021: How does the disease keep working its way into new sites, when infected deer aren’t the ones spreading it?
The research facility is double high-fenced to keep the penned deer away from the wild ones roaming the 6,400-acre Kerr Wildlife Management Area outside. The facility maintained a “closed herd” that did not accept new deer from outside its fences. Researchers working there followed biosecurity protocols that included disinfecting boots and tools and using dedicated on-site vehicles. No deer had yet tested positive for CWD in the county.
“Everybody has been asking, including myself and our staff, how CWD showed up in the deer research facility,” Texas Big Game Director Alan Cain told HuffPost. “And we don’t have a good answer. Everything is just speculation.”
Thank you fritz, but can science detect the prions in healthy deer? There has to be some kind of test that can conclusively tell if an animal can carry the prions without being sick. Same way with the detection of the hiv virus before full blown aids. For some reason I can't read your article, can you archive it and edit your post

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88