Targeted Removal

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

https://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping...-wasting-disease/post-season-targeted-removal

Post-Season Targeted Removal​

IN THIS SECTION​

Cover Fall Deer and Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information

Body

Targeted Removal Helps Reduce the Spread of CWD​

After the close of deer hunting season, MDC staff work with landowners on a voluntary basis in the immediate areas around where recent cases of CWD have been found to remove additional deer from mid-January to mid-March. Increasing the number of deer removed in areas where CWD has been found increases the chances of removing more infected deer. Targeted removals also serve to lower the number of deer in these areas. By removing infected deer and lowering deer numbers, targeted removals help to slow the spread of CWD and protect Missouri’s deer population.
Body
Post-season targeted removal is the only tested method of slowing the spread of CWD in a local deer population. States such as Illinois have had success in slowing the spread of CWD in areas through targeted removals. Learn more about targeted removal in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Limiting the number of CWD-infected deer in an area also helps minimize the accumulation of CWD in the local environment.
MDC does not conduct targeted removals on a county-wide level. Targeted removal occurs in locations within one to two miles of CWD detections. The exact size of the removal operation depends on the number of positives detected and where they were found.
Title

CWD Targeted Removal​

Embed Code

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
MDC staff work with landowners on a voluntary basis

Stupid, yes. Culling is flat out stupid.

But here you go again worried about what other people do with their land. In another state no less. Funny the CWD facebook page posted this hours ago and you appear here. Almost like there is a deeper coordinated effort.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let's get almost all the deer in the state culled down as far as possible. Once that's done, we can introduce wolves to keep their numbers in check and do away with hunters and all this lottery and land access hullabaloo.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
bravo, since you brought up the CWD facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087383738481

This is about the Missouri Department of Conservation culling deer. bravo, I know you would like to downplay that as being in another State. Here is the connection:

The Missouri Department of Conservation is an additional agency that was created out of a Constitutional amendment sales tax. Minnesota has one called Lessard-Sams. The conservation boyz in North Dakota wanted one so they ran that Clean Water whatever 5% oil revenue rip off measure a few years ago. Failed 80>20

TidBit....the ND conservation boyz brought Missouri people up here to run the Constitutional Amendment. It's been a while and I do not remember the names of those Missourians but there is the deeper coordinated effort you speak of.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If these groups really want to help with deer conservation, tell them to provide sportsman with updated research on key areas thar should be addressed. If baiting deer is the #1 cuase to spreading of cwd from animal to animal then lets find the smoking gun, something sportsman can all agree on so we can keep and enjoy a healthy herd of deer in this state. Because what they are doing, is nothing, but taking away a natural resource that should be protected by the very conservation groups that people pay into. You know the ones that have game and fish wildlife management next to them.

On my Google feed, you should see the pics of these monster bucks taken from other states, which some are possibly taken from high fence hunting , its amazing how people complain about high fence hunting that produce monster bucks that are protected miraculously from the big bad cwd virus. What can these private high fence hunting areas have that can protect a resource that our states can't? @Fritz the Cat, @bravo ,we all want the same thing here no one wants to lose a natural resources like our wild game from being destroyed by bureaucratical red tape because someone, from from Washington, who does not care about the people of the north dakota. We need to do better

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
What can these private high fence hunting areas have that can protect a resource that our states can't?
Well, the deer can't get in or out. They are in a preserve that provides food, water, shelter, and protection. Predators are voraciously controlled so there is little stress. Only certain animals of a certain size are allowed to be harvested. Even if they catch CWD, they'll live to be 4 years old and be big enough through selective breeding for large antlers. They are oftentimes as "wild" as Fritz's elk, so not indicative of how any population of wild animals can be managed. Lunk we can complain until we're blue in the face that deer hunting has gotten harder, but until there is a way to put more trees and grass on the landscape, nature is going to take the population down from time to time. We still have a lot of opportunities to take nice animals in the state. EHD, 8 months of winter, and lack of habitat isn't the game and fish's fault. Tell me your thoughts on what they should do. I am 100% for squeezing the vice on NDGF if they blatantly push their own ethics into regs. My stance is a cornpile has a negligible effect on the spread, but like ANS they do what is within their power to slow it. I won't defend their CWD push, but if you ask me not allowing baiting in certain counties is pretty low on my radar as far as things to be worried about (ND hunting wise). I can still grow a patch of corn and be perfectly legal. In essence, it would take a big amount of money and a change of mindset for ND to turn around and we will still probably never be a trophy destination. We all know that mid winter this place is a moonscape and land owner tendencies have changed compared to what it was 20 years ago.

The thing is Lunk, we don't all want the same thing. Fritz and the Farm bureau want the game and fish department gone. Read their policies and ask why any outdoorsman would consider them an ally. They don't want you on the dirt roads if you aren't farming or ranching. I have a FB neighbor that gives me problems because my land isn't in production even though noxious weeds are controlled. He just thinks that since its purely recreational he can tell me what to do and that is their mindset. They say they're on the hunter's side, but that's only now while its convenient. Talk to Daryl L, Gabe and his son, or the CWD FB page. The conversation will go from "it's about baiting, its about kids/handicapped opportunities, it's about nutrition, it's about government overreach, it's about landowner rights". In that order. Every time. They don't have a specific problem, or solution. It's just game and fish = bad, farmers and ranchers need to be in charge. NDFB have a plan of "death by a thousand paper cuts" through legislation until hunters and fishermen have no more interest in ND outdoors and they have control. They will control everything; tag allocation, access, you name it and I 100% guarantee you will see this coming down the pipe. In fact, I will bookmark this post and bring it back at the next biennium. Once we set the precedent that game and fish laws are legislated via emotional outrage, we will circle the drain.

Have you heard the term "useful idiots"? Where a cause is propagandized and the masses get so fired up about a single detail, they end up doing the dirty work for those behind the scenes to their own detriment? Strong case with CWD crowd.

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes - we must remove ALL the deer in affected areas, especially those that are resistant to CWD.

We don't want natural selection to be occurring and mess this up for us. That would be insane.
Culling makes no sense. Kill the deer that will die anyway. Pressure the infected herd to a new area. Brilliant.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They say they're on the hunter's side, but that's only now while its convenient. Talk to Daryl L, Gabe and his son, or the CWD FB page. The conversation will go from "it's about baiting, its about kids/handicapped opportunities, it's about nutrition, it's about government overreach, it's about landowner rights". In that order. Every time. They don't have a specific problem, or solution. It's just game and fish = bad, farmers and ranchers need to be in charge.
I have noticed the same thing over and over.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the deer can't get in or out. They are in a preserve that provides food, water, shelter, and protection. Predators are voraciously controlled so there is little stress. Only certain animals of a certain size are allowed to be harvested. Even if they catch CWD, they'll live to be 4 years old and be big enough through selective breeding for large antlers. They are oftentimes as "wild" as Fritz's elk, so not indicative of how any population of wild animals can be managed. Lunk we can complain until we're blue in the face that deer hunting has gotten harder, but until there is a way to put more trees and grass on the landscape, nature is going to take the population down from time to time. We still have a lot of opportunities to take nice animals in the state. EHD, 8 months of winter, and lack of habitat isn't the game and fish's fault. Tell me your thoughts on what they should do. I am 100% for squeezing the vice on NDGF if they blatantly push their own ethics into regs. My stance is a cornpile has a negligible effect on the spread, but like ANS they do what is within their power to slow it. I won't defend their CWD push, but if you ask me not allowing baiting in certain counties is pretty low on my radar as far as things to be worried about (ND hunting wise). I can still grow a patch of corn and be perfectly legal. In essence, it would take a big amount of money and a change of mindset for ND to turn around and we will still probably never be a trophy destination. We all know that mid winter this place is a moonscape and land owner tendencies have changed compared to what it was 20 years ago.

The thing is Lunk, we don't all want the same thing. Fritz and the Farm bureau want the game and fish department gone. Read their policies and ask why any outdoorsman would consider them an ally. They don't want you on the dirt roads if you aren't farming or ranching. I have a FB neighbor that gives me problems because my land isn't in production even though noxious weeds are controlled. He just thinks that since its purely recreational he can tell me what to do and that is their mindset. They say they're on the hunter's side, but that's only now while its convenient. Talk to Daryl L, Gabe and his son, or the CWD FB page. The conversation will go from "it's about baiting, its about kids/handicapped opportunities, it's about nutrition, it's about government overreach, it's about landowner rights". In that order. Every time. They don't have a specific problem, or solution. It's just game and fish = bad, farmers and ranchers need to be in charge. NDFB have a plan of "death by a thousand paper cuts" through legislation until hunters and fishermen have no more interest in ND outdoors and they have control. They will control everything; tag allocation, access, you name it and I 100% guarantee you will see this coming down the pipe. In fact, I will bookmark this post and bring it back at the next biennium.

Have you heard the term "useful idiots"? Where a cause is propagandized and the masses get so fired up about a single detail, they end up doing the dirty work for those behind the scenes to their own detriment? Strong case with CWD crowd.
I agree that bringing back habitat will always be sportsman #1 challenge of wildlife numbers in north dakota. And when we here culling come into the discussion, we know that sportsman have no say in what our permits and licenses fees are used for by the game and fish. Culling is going to be a common solution like other states are doing because they don't have the sportsman who hunt anymore. Maybe north dakota needs to vote for a better conservation state ran administration like a department of natural resources. An agency that has the authority to restrict the removal of natural grasslands and wetlands from being destroyed. Yeah I know drive a wedge in further between the sportsman and the land owners, well something different needs to be done here, if we cant find the absolute scientific evidence that can pin point to the leading causes to the spreading of cwd to other animals.
Because the way its looking, North Dakota is going to be pay to hunt faster then we can imagine, next it will be high fence hunting as well.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
we saved them from cwd.jpg

Attachments

we saved them from cwd.jpg

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe north dakota needs to vote for a better conservation state ran administration like a department of natural resources. An agency that has the authority to restrict the removal of natural grasslands and wetlands from being destroyed. Yeah I know drive a wedge in further between the sportsman and the land owners, well something different needs to be done here, if we cant find the absolute scientific evidence that can pin point to the leading causes to the spreading of cwd to other animals.
Because the way its looking, North Dakota is going to be pay to hunt faster then we can imagine, next it will be high fence hunting as well.

There is some scientific evidence, you’d be lying to say there is not. How much the evidence is helping is up for debate.

We used to be the last bastion of freelance hunting. We had a heritage. Every season’s opener was a big deal. Our posting laws were different, they worked, and we were proud of being different. Then they realized that access was the easiest way to chip the armor and started pushing for the posted laws. Did they help at all with trespassing? No, because that was never the intent. They’ve restricted access about as best they can so now the campaign is simply disparaging every decision made until they start controlling limits, seasons, tags, as well. Look at their level of involvement in all this. Do you really think they’re that passionate about being able to hunt over bait? We need to be very careful about who we are in bed with and choose out battles.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Game Warden called moments ago. They cracked a rather large poaching case. Evidence was stashed in a discarded freezer on my land. He called to let me know what he was up to. Ya sure, go ahead.

I thought he was calling because a bull elk showed up two days ago. E5 season is open until 1/7/23.
About a 2-3-year-old. Anyone have a tag?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Game Warden called moments ago. They cracked a rather large poaching case. Evidence was stashed in a discarded freezer on my land. He called to let me know what he was up to. Ya sure, go ahead.

I thought he was calling because a bull elk showed up two days ago. E5 season is open until 1/7/23.
About a 2-3-year-old. Anyone have a tag?
That is crazy.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking about it, had they thrown the carcass into the trees and let mother nature decompose, this way things were well preserved for the Game and Fish.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is some scientific evidence, you’d be lying to say there is not. How much the evidence is helping is up for debate.

We used to be the last bastion of freelance hunting. We had a heritage. Every season’s opener was a big deal. Our posting laws were different, they worked, and we were proud of being different. Then they realized that access was the easiest way to chip the armor and started pushing for the posted laws. Did they help at all with trespassing? No, because that was never the intent. They’ve restricted access about as best they can so now the campaign is simply disparaging every decision made until they start controlling limits, seasons, tags, as well. Look at their level of involvement in all this. Do you really think they’re that passionate about being able to hunt over bait? We need to be very careful about who we are in bed with and choose out battles.

bravo, you are desperately trying to reach. I post info and others can form their own opinions from it.

In 2017 and 2018 the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies wrote, "Best Management Practices."
111 pages. There is no science in it. To date they do not know how CWD moves about.

In 2019 they did a First Supplement. 22 pages. Am not going to cut and paste them all just the pages pertinent:

https://www.fishwildlife.org/applic.../8052/AFWA_CWD_BMP_First_Supplement_FINAL.pdf

AFWA Best Management Practices for Prevention, Surveillance, and Management of Chronic Wasting Disease: First Supplement A Report of the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Report Editors: Colin Gillin, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, and Jonathan Mawdsley, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Contributors and Reviewers:

Charlie Bahnson, North Dakota Game and Fish Department
Johnathan Bordelon, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Chris Cook, Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Merril Cook, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Doug Cottam, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Mark Cunningham, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Scott Durham, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Matthew Eckert, Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife
Colin Gillin, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Daniel Grove, University of Tennessee
Jeremy Hurst, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Lane Kisonak, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Gabriel Jenkins, Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
Anne Justice-Allen, Arizona Game and Fish Department
Jim LaCour, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Jonathan Mawdsley, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Brandon Munk, California Department of Fish and Wildlife Members of the North Carolina Chronic Wasting Disease Task Force
Kenny Ribbeck, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Mark G. Ruder, Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study
Sherri Russell, Missouri Department of Conservation
Charles Ruth, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Krysten Schuler, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Cervid Working Group
Jonathon Shaw, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Kelly Straka, Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Jeb Williams, North Dakota Game and Fish Department
Peregrine Wolff, Nevada Department of Wildlife
Mary Wood, Wyoming Game and Fish Department
Chuck Yoest, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

Taxidermy and Meat Processing Best Management Practices Waste parts or tissues from taxidermy or meat processors should not be disposed of where they can be accessed by cervids and scavengers. Develop recommendations and educational materials for taxidermists and meat processors as well as hunters or others that handle or dispose of cervid carcasses or meat by-products. Some states/provinces may have (or want to consider) laws requiring taxidermists and meat processors to use approved waste tissue and carcass disposal protocols.

• Meat processors should process carcasses individually and avoid mixing meat from multiple carcasses into ground meat products. This practice is specifically related to public health concerns including but not limited to CWD. Although CWD-associated prion disease has never been documented in humans, minimizing risk and limiting human exposure to CWD prions by minimizing the mixing of potentially CWD-contaminated carcasses from untested animals is a food safety practice and should be considered a best management practice.

• Meat processors and taxidermists should clean and sanitize equipment between animals. If present, CWD prions from infected animals could contaminate processing equipment. Preventing contamination of uninfected carcasses through meat processing is important for limiting human exposure. Recommendations for proper cleaning of equipment can be found in Chapter 15- Recommended Decontamination and Disinfection Methods for Equipment of this document (Gillin and Mawdsley 2018). And though this practice will add inconvenience, time, and expense, this may be considered a best practice.

• Minimize the handling of higher risk tissues from potentially infected cervid carcasses (e.g. brain, eyes, spinal cord, lymphatic tissues, etc.) Specific guidelines should be tailored to the practices of taxidermists and meat processors or hunters. Individuals handling carcasses should wear disposable gloves, wash hands before and after handling carcasses and carcass parts, and disinfect equipment that may have been contaminated. [see Chapter 15 on Recommended Decontamination and Disinfection Methods for Equipment (Gillin and Mawdsley 2018)

• Develop regulations, policy, or administrative rule promoting acceptable waste disposal practices for hunting-based businesses such as taxidermists and meat processors. Provide policy or administrative rule for meat processors and taxidermists to regulate transport, handling, and/or disposition of tissue waste from cervids. This guidance may be generic to include states or provinces where CWD has not been detected in tested animals. Provide regulatory direction for the types of carcass waste allowed into rendering or other disposal facilities using methods specific for waste from CWD endemic areas. Rendering and landfill facilities are often regulated through other agencies (State Department of Agriculture, county government, etc.) requiring coordinated policy/regulation development.

• Request that taxidermists take part in programs that provide heads or samples to wildlife agencies for CWD surveillance including samples from older-age class males and captive cervid facilities. Some states developed a cash incentive program for the collection of samples, while other states have developed training programs for taxidermists willing to collect samples.

• State/Provincial wildlife agencies should provide information regarding instate/province taxidermists and meat processors to hunters to reduce the potential for transportation of potentially infected carcasses or parts. Wildlife agencies should promote the use of local taxidermy and meat processing services in the area the animal was harvested, prior to movement of the carcass out of the area.

• Prohibit or specifically regulate taxidermy or meat processing businesses from having captive cervids (farmed, exhibit, or rehabbed animals) susceptible to CWD infection on the same premises at the business to limit exposure of live cervids to potentially contaminated tissues or environments.

• Prohibit feeding of taxidermy or meat processor cervid waste tissues or scraps to pets, livestock, zoo animals, or wildlife. Alternative strategies supporting these Management Practices include:

• Require permitting/license registration by administrative rule or statute for taxidermy and meat processing as regulated industries. As part of permitting/licensing of taxidermists and meat processors, require reporting of client and carcass harvest location when a CWD sample has been collected.

NDA readers, bravo laments hunting is going downhill. Look at who wrote this emboldened at the top. Taxidermists say business is way down and meat processors are going to be few and far between in the future not wanting to participate in these over regulations. Everyone complains about burdensome regulations and how did it get this way? You are looking at it.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
bravo, you are desperately trying to reach. I post info and others can form their own opinions from it.

In 2017 and 2018 the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies wrote, "Best Management Practices."
111 pages. There is no science in it. To date they do not know how CWD moves about.

In 2019 they did a First Supplement. 22 pages. Am not going to cut and paste them all just the pages pertinent:

https://www.fishwildlife.org/applic.../8052/AFWA_CWD_BMP_First_Supplement_FINAL.pdf

AFWA Best Management Practices for Prevention, Surveillance, and Management of Chronic Wasting Disease: First Supplement A Report of the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Report Editors: Colin Gillin, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, and Jonathan Mawdsley, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Contributors and Reviewers:

Charlie Bahnson, North Dakota Game and Fish Department
Johnathan Bordelon, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Chris Cook, Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Merril Cook, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Doug Cottam, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Mark Cunningham, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Scott Durham, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Matthew Eckert, Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife
Colin Gillin, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Daniel Grove, University of Tennessee
Jeremy Hurst, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Lane Kisonak, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Gabriel Jenkins, Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources
Anne Justice-Allen, Arizona Game and Fish Department
Jim LaCour, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Jonathan Mawdsley, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
Brandon Munk, California Department of Fish and Wildlife Members of the North Carolina Chronic Wasting Disease Task Force
Kenny Ribbeck, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Mark G. Ruder, Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study
Sherri Russell, Missouri Department of Conservation
Charles Ruth, South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Krysten Schuler, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine Southeastern Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Cervid Working Group
Jonathon Shaw, North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
Kelly Straka, Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Jeb Williams, North Dakota Game and Fish Department
Peregrine Wolff, Nevada Department of Wildlife
Mary Wood, Wyoming Game and Fish Department
Chuck Yoest, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

Taxidermy and Meat Processing Best Management Practices Waste parts or tissues from taxidermy or meat processors should not be disposed of where they can be accessed by cervids and scavengers. Develop recommendations and educational materials for taxidermists and meat processors as well as hunters or others that handle or dispose of cervid carcasses or meat by-products. Some states/provinces may have (or want to consider) laws requiring taxidermists and meat processors to use approved waste tissue and carcass disposal protocols.

• Meat processors should process carcasses individually and avoid mixing meat from multiple carcasses into ground meat products. This practice is specifically related to public health concerns including but not limited to CWD. Although CWD-associated prion disease has never been documented in humans, minimizing risk and limiting human exposure to CWD prions by minimizing the mixing of potentially CWD-contaminated carcasses from untested animals is a food safety practice and should be considered a best management practice.

• Meat processors and taxidermists should clean and sanitize equipment between animals. If present, CWD prions from infected animals could contaminate processing equipment. Preventing contamination of uninfected carcasses through meat processing is important for limiting human exposure. Recommendations for proper cleaning of equipment can be found in Chapter 15- Recommended Decontamination and Disinfection Methods for Equipment of this document (Gillin and Mawdsley 2018). And though this practice will add inconvenience, time, and expense, this may be considered a best practice.

• Minimize the handling of higher risk tissues from potentially infected cervid carcasses (e.g. brain, eyes, spinal cord, lymphatic tissues, etc.) Specific guidelines should be tailored to the practices of taxidermists and meat processors or hunters. Individuals handling carcasses should wear disposable gloves, wash hands before and after handling carcasses and carcass parts, and disinfect equipment that may have been contaminated. [see Chapter 15 on Recommended Decontamination and Disinfection Methods for Equipment (Gillin and Mawdsley 2018)

• Develop regulations, policy, or administrative rule promoting acceptable waste disposal practices for hunting-based businesses such as taxidermists and meat processors. Provide policy or administrative rule for meat processors and taxidermists to regulate transport, handling, and/or disposition of tissue waste from cervids. This guidance may be generic to include states or provinces where CWD has not been detected in tested animals. Provide regulatory direction for the types of carcass waste allowed into rendering or other disposal facilities using methods specific for waste from CWD endemic areas. Rendering and landfill facilities are often regulated through other agencies (State Department of Agriculture, county government, etc.) requiring coordinated policy/regulation development.

• Request that taxidermists take part in programs that provide heads or samples to wildlife agencies for CWD surveillance including samples from older-age class males and captive cervid facilities. Some states developed a cash incentive program for the collection of samples, while other states have developed training programs for taxidermists willing to collect samples.

• State/Provincial wildlife agencies should provide information regarding instate/province taxidermists and meat processors to hunters to reduce the potential for transportation of potentially infected carcasses or parts. Wildlife agencies should promote the use of local taxidermy and meat processing services in the area the animal was harvested, prior to movement of the carcass out of the area.

• Prohibit or specifically regulate taxidermy or meat processing businesses from having captive cervids (farmed, exhibit, or rehabbed animals) susceptible to CWD infection on the same premises at the business to limit exposure of live cervids to potentially contaminated tissues or environments.

• Prohibit feeding of taxidermy or meat processor cervid waste tissues or scraps to pets, livestock, zoo animals, or wildlife. Alternative strategies supporting these Management Practices include:

• Require permitting/license registration by administrative rule or statute for taxidermy and meat processing as regulated industries. As part of permitting/licensing of taxidermists and meat processors, require reporting of client and carcass harvest location when a CWD sample has been collected.

NDA readers, bravo laments hunting is going downhill. Look at who wrote this emboldened at the top. Taxidermists say business is way down and meat processors are going to be few and far between in the future not wanting to participate in these over regulations. Everyone complains about burdensome regulations and how did it get this way? You are looking at it.
Info posted by you always smells fishy to most on this site. You need to understand how people perceive your posts. You’re marked dude. Whether you believe it or not, members believe you have some type of hidden agenda. Nobody with the word “cat” in their screen name can be trusted.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't believe there is a meat processor in north dakota that doesn't process your own venison when producing sausage. Atleast the one that I go to doesn't mix what you bring it with someone elses.
As far as scientific evidence that is acceptable to the people of North Dakota, that's debatable. You can't use data that was produced in 2017 as information that hasn't been updated with new scientific findings. I have discussed the reason why that type of research that was submitted in 2017 is suspicious baste on using over exaggerated procedures that would be very hard to duplicate in the real world. Again I don't think state/federal wants to find any creditable evidence that can help save deer numbers, best to let mother nature control the population.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84