CWD in 4B

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
The GNF vet used to be Dan Grove. Just find it interesting that the number of CWD cases takes a big jump after a change like that......

I’m failing to make the connection in CWD incidence rates and who the current, or past, NDGF veterinarian is. What are you implying?

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they posted the number of deer tested. I have a feeling the increase in the number of positive cases is directly related to the increase in the number of animals tested.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they posted the number of deer tested. I have a feeling the increase in the number of positive cases is directly related to the increase in the number of animals tested.

While I can understand where you're coming from on this, I think the first several years (what, about 7 or so) they tested, they got zero positives. They may be testing more nowadays, but the ratio of positives/tested is certainly increasing. It's been a couple years now since we've gotten zero positives.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they would put a map out of exactly where these hot spots are so a person could truly know not just some generic 2000 square mile area. Are these deer coming in from all over the unit or a tight cluster? Be nice to know!

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guys a “jump” from 2 cases to 5 cases, and from 1 case to 3 cases, does not qualify as a ‘jump’. You are falling into the trap known as the “law of small numbers”.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys a “jump” from 2 cases to 5 cases, and from 1 case to 3 cases, does not qualify as a ‘jump’. You are falling into the trap known as the “law of small numbers”.

I agree, and a jump from 2 to 5 or 1 to 3 is really insignificant if the number tested jumped from a few hundred to a few thousand.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have no idea what percentage of deer were tested. The units for those two counties are 3A1 and 3F2. The counties don’t fit perfectly into the unit but the numbers we have are roughly 3200 tags issued per unit. If we apply the 64% average success rate for the state for rifle season. Roughly 2000 deer per unit were killed. Have no clue how many archery tags were used and successful for the units. But we can ascertain our sample numbers have to be less than the 2000ish deer that were killed per unit (and probably far less). Unless I’m missing something.

Whitetail56

Farmers spray chemicals on crops deer eat the crops we eat the deer!!! Its not brain science. Hello disease

Headhunter

Yes, and more animals tested because more tags issued as well....(in 3a1 they DOUBLED tags in one year.....why??? hmmmmm) after they slaughtered 50-60 whitetails by williston.......

Its pure stupidy.

- - - Updated - - -

whitetail56: what theeeee hell are you talking about.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Farmers spray chemicals on crops deer eat the crops we eat the deer!!! Its not brain science. Hello disease

We see a lot of dumb shit on here but I think this might be the dumbest thing ever. You have absolutely no fucking clue what your talking about

Whitetail56

We see a lot of dumb shit on here but I think this might be the dumbest thing ever. You have absolutely no fucking clue what your talking about

I was talking about the eating part of it. Eating a cwd deer or just eating deer period with all the chemical they eat I dont eat deer for that reason.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88