Who got their head inspected?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the prions are mainly in the brain matter, which is where it will eventually infect all animals brains, it doesn't, as far as i know infect the meat of the animal that consumed the prions. I did a post on the Michigan thread discussing prions in cows and humans, some cows, who were feed ground up dead animals where infected and became sick, same with humans who were infected by consuming flesh that was contaminated with the brain organ. Brain is full of nutrients and human cannibalism especially the brain is the greatest honor to those who consume it.
So as far as what I have read about prions and how they are spread where from direct contact of the brain matter contaminating the meat that was handled after contact with the brain. Perhaps there is more deer research that has been done but prions in cattle and humans has been studied extensively.
And to add biologist do not know with any certainty if prions are infected with the dirt, feces, or saliva, it's only speculation since being able to infect another animal with in a controlled environment was only done with a sample size that a normal animal in the real world would never see.
To think cwd is a joke that's a fallacy it's real just like covid virus is real, the problem is with the lack of new research into the prions and deer. Though a controversial topic on high fence conservation, which to some could be a oxymoron, don't understand that sportsman and land owners in some states have taken cwd prevention into their own hands, that's becuase they have stopped relying on the government for answers and taken things into their own hands in trying to stop the spread of the prions. Again this brings up more questions in answers especially if those who are unaware of the prions themselves.

At 3 hours 35 minutes Dr. Tracey Nichols comes on. At hour 4, you want to hear this. At 4:28 the chairman refers to the $12 million in funding.
Let me know what you think 🤔

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't want to check a few around here. :ROFLMAO:

1704727259947.png

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't want to check a few around here. :ROFLMAO:

1704727259947.png
You sure are special, aren't yah risingsun. I don't usually respond to your troll anitcs. So does anything that is posted here need your obvious posts looking for that needed attention from the peanut gallery? You must have some kind of opinion on this thread about a disease that effects the wildlife in this state as well as others. I'm trying to extend an invitation to participate into a discussion that isn't political in the slightest, or do what you wish like you have been doing.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
And that’s how the fight started.

I would guess most of us on here need our heads examined. Including you Lunk.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
So which units are gonna get enough heads tested and all be negative to get the ban lifted ? Anyone know for sure ?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
You sure are special, aren't yah risingsun. I don't usually respond to your troll anitcs. So does anything that is posted here need your obvious posts looking for that needed attention from the peanut gallery? You must have some kind of opinion on this thread about a disease that effects the wildlife in this state as well as others. I'm trying to extend an invitation to participate into a discussion that isn't political in the slightest, or do what you wish like you have been doing.
Really interesting that you took it personally and it was solely about you. With that type of thinking, I guess the shoe fits.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
This image implies that a bait ban actually does something to control CWD. It has been PROVEN TO DO NOTHING! I guess if you tell the lie for long enough, folks are STUPID enough to believe it.
I know and I agree with you I’m just showing how they are using it . If 10% of licenses are submitted for sampling and are all negative the baiting ban for that unit shall be dropped . I heard that’s the case for atleast one unit - 2b . Not sure about the western units

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
So this means they have not met their 10% positive which will means "by what they claim" they will not enact a baiting ban. They need 10% of the tested to be positive to make rule changes. How much do you trust out states G&F agency? My answer is NO I DID NOT and WILL NOT submit an animal for testing to our G&F so that they can use it to push more regulations. I would like to know how much money is wasted on CWD research that could be going toward habitat project possibly. Not trying to be an A$$ but I gave them a chance about 15-18yrs ago or near the beginning of CWD talk that showed me their interest in our wildlife. I had been running cameras at this point for a couple years and dad and I would switch cards and sit down at night and look at pictures (we really enjoy watching fawns grow) well over time you really get to know the deer you have when you are farming and ranching because you see them frequently on the hoof and the camera just gave us better looks when they came to the mineral block to hang out, can inspect their bodily health pretty good. So we had some does that were abnormally skinny and we can count a fair amount of ribs and it seamed that there were some loosing patches of fur, going back to previous years picture we didn't see the same thing they looked healthier. This was middle of summer time. We still don't know what caused it and we never found a mass of dead deer so it might have been nothing and they had a hard winter and nursing twins (it always seemed to be the deer that had fawns if I remember correctly) takes a lot out of them and maybe the fur was just from flies or bugs making them scratch or they were still shedding the winter coat. Lots I don't know but we never came across a bunch of dead deer and going into hunting season they seemed to still be on camera. Anyways I called the district game warden and told him what we were seeing and thought they might be interested, I even offered to share the pictures I had so they can see for themselves what I'm seeing and maybe they have a better idea than we did. It was a very point blank fast answer NO! You don't need to send us anything and We Don't need look into it. Simple as that, and he wasn't even half nice about it.
So tell me why I should trust the G&F.
Sorry for the long post

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
This image implies that a bait ban actually does something to control CWD. It has been PROVEN TO DO NOTHING! I guess if you tell the lie for long enough, folks are STUPID enough to believe it.
Scariest part is the number of people that do believe it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scariest part is the number of people that do believe it.
What I believe is the fact that our own government doesn't really care about cwd since the prions are nature's way of thinning the herd. But make no mistakes high fence hunting is going to be here sooner then later. Then people who complained about cwd "but there's no proof though" will have even less land to hunt. Its happening in other states, don't believe me watch the video I posted. Wake up, the government has no desire to stop cwd because they can't even detect the prions in healthy deer or any definitive answer is to how its transferred , so prion can live in a deer for years before the deer dies. To tell me it's not real is ignorance and that ignorance is going to help take away, in the future, of all free range deer herds, when land owners invest in high fence hunting to keep and produce healthy deer, for those with the money to basically buy trophies.
So more reading about cwd and its spread
https://www.nationalacademies.org/e...ng-disease-in-us-cervid-populations-meeting-3
Krysten Schuler is next. (1 hour 56 minutes) She helped write the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
At 2:32 Krysten Schuler talks about Human Dimensions. Are messages better received by sportsmen State Agencies or from non-profit orgs.
At 3:53 Jen Ballard begins. She also authored the "Best Management Practices" She is with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commision.
At 4:14 Jen talks about how agencies spend money and do not receive money. This is a recurring theme between agencies.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The committee hearings are being conducted to figure out how CWD spreads. In the first video (post 42) Dr. Nicholus Haley admits @ hour 4 the USDA/Wildlife Scientists have absolutely no idea.

Video is recent. November 16th, 2023

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say this,

I used to write the outdoor section for our school newspaper in highschool. My instructor wanted me to research and write an article about CWD so I wrote a big article on CWD and the impacts it could have.........that was 21 years ago! and here we are....still doing just fine.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84