Who is waterfowl hunting?

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a good shoot yesterday. A buddy and I dropped 4 canadians and 6 local ducks. Not amazing, but it was okay for the conditions. Looking forward to the boat parade.

Fixed your post :)

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went fishing Wednesday but should have gone hunting. Every pond had plenty of ducks.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan hunters are here with their dam duck boats, they will never learn to let the ducks set on the water and hunt in the fields, well all there is for ducks right now are the local shit ducks, they can shoot all they want of them

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have more mallards and pintails right now than I have ever seen this time of year but I’m not a snob so I will kill most anything they all eat the same in gumbo

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go get em guys and gals! The older i get the less i want to get my ass out of bed in the early AM to set up for ducks and geese.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goose was pretty good along Missouri river small groups young birds easy to call in with decoys, ducks good 70 miles NE of Bismarck good numbers, took bunch of college football players friends of my son out they are having fun.
IMG_0948.jpg
IMG_8812.JPEG

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
the amount of pintails this year has been crazy. Wild how you can shoot 8 in canada and we can only shoot one here

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got out saturday and first time in the a frame and what a game changer i will be using that any time it is possible . 39 honkd 3 specks and 5 ducks. Banks was a tired pup after this one.

banks39.jpg
What A frame are u using?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What A frame are u using?
Lucky duck 2x4. Friend is getting divebombs so I will be able to compare the two. Being able to stand up and shoot them and siting on a nice chair was fun

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Do you guys do a lot of jerky out of the birds? I like duck/goose multiple ways, but goose jerky is incredibly good IMO.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you guys do a lot of jerky out of the birds? I like duck/goose multiple ways, but goose jerky is incredibly good IMO.
Ya we have made a bunch of jerky this year it does not last long. Make a Mongolian goose recipe and some other ones I have found on the show duck camp diners

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Ya we have made a bunch of jerky this year it does not last long. Make a Mongolian goose recipe and some other ones I have found on the show duck camp diners
Mongolian Goose sounds delish too.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan hunters are here with their dam duck boats, they will never learn to let the ducks set on the water and hunt in the fields, well all there is for ducks right now are the local shit ducks, they can shoot all they want of them
I'm a Nodak and I prefer hunting water 10 to 1. Especially now with the electronic posting. Give me a chunk of PLOTS or WPA any day. It's way more fun watching the dogs work in water, anyway.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes blind are nice at times easier sitting on nice chair kid and freinds have Scheels 8' A frame allready camo just add liitle extra when in field rollers up put in bag carry with shoulder strap
IMG_0947.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a Nodak and I prefer hunting water 10 to 1. Especially now with the electronic posting. Give me a chunk of PLOTS or WPA any day. It's way more fun watching the dogs work in water, anyway.
I’m 100% opposite. I hunt water once or twice a year and it reminds how much more I like fields. Getting permission here has just been a way of life for me.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m 100% opposite. I hunt water once or twice a year and it reminds how much more I like fields. Getting permission here has just been a way of life for me.
Hey, that's the beauty of the sport: In the end, we all kill ducks.

I used to exclusively hunt fields. It just doesn't do it for me any more. I feel water is a lot more challenging, and has more tradition. Makes me feel like I'm "duck hunting" versus duck shooting.

But far be it from me to disparage someone else's way of killing birds. Besides -- way more ponds left for me when everyone else is fighting each other for the best feeds ;)

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Late season water hunting is fun with colored out birds of all kinds dive bombing into your spread! But nothing beats sitting in a field with no water to wade in.

A frames are a game changer for a few reasons. More visiblity, can shoot in any direction, everyone can be in the same blind to communicate, and you can put in heaters for late season ! I don’t have a a frame but 2 Panel blinds. I have a Heavy hauler HUB and a tanglefree panel blind. Both have snow covers and easier to transport and set up than an a frame and I can use one alone if needed.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the panel blinds are just one sided. Can you fold around so you are surrounded on all sides or do you have to buy two to conceal all the way around?

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the panel blinds are just one sided. Can you fold around so you are surrounded on all sides or do you have to buy two to conceal all the way around?
Check out the Solo 360 blinds. Bought one this year and love it but I hunt with just my dog 99% of the time. These would work great if a couple people each had one though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75