Yar-Craft 186 tfx or Nitro Zv18 With Verado Pro 200

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ZV18 is really a 19' boat at 18'-11". The storage in it is staggering. My kids will run 53 with huge load and two big guys. Four cylinder 200 merc four stroke and stock stainless prop. 99.9% of the time that's faster than you could ever hope to go. I fished with him in the Van Hook Classic last June. Anybody that was there knows how rough it was the first day. On the run out we ran along with two 21' rangers and a 21' Triton. They put no distance on us.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've run along side bigger boats in rough water a few times and although the boat is more than capable, the boys in the 20 and 21 footers were certainly more comfortable. some day, lol.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not going to say which way I’d go, but these are two dramatically different boats. To me, you don’t need to ask the question of which one will function the best. They both are tested and proven. You have to sit in both and see the difference. The layout is completely different from storage leg room under the console and overall width of fishable space. Stand in both and picture yourself doing your thing. Be critical and don’t get caught up in looks. It’s all about functionality.

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are you located? My buddy and I each have one here in Bismarck. I have a 200 verado and he has a 150. Loving my boat so far. Lots of room and the 200 pushes it around just fine. Not a speed demon but can hit 46-48 consistantly. If ya want to check it out let me know. 20180512_211322.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Yar-Craft with a 200 V6 Opti on a Jackplate, 9.9 Pro Kicker on a panther static plate and all of my batteries (trolling and starting) at the rear of the boat. At rest, it does sit nose high / stern low. Not to the point that you have to worry about anything, more just know that when you order it, get the 72" shaft trolling motor. I've been out in some really nasty conditions and have yet to dip a single wave over the bow.

I've got my 2 trolling batteries under the center rod locker where they were designed to go and mine still rids a little nose-high. Mine came w/60" shaft trolling motor, if buying new I'd got 72" shaft in a heartbeat. I primarily fish Devils and also have yet to dip a wave over the bow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31