Youth Pheasants/Walleye

Snotrocket

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son and I are heading to Watford City from GF for a hockey game over Thanksgiving. We are leaving a day aerly, so just wondering if anyone could steer me in a good direction for some birds, walleyes, & a cheap place to stay. A few places i was thinking were Garrison, Zap/Beulah, & Wing ND. I haven't bird hunted fir some time so not sure how the population is. If anybody could point me in a good direction that would be great. The boy has been trap shooting for 2 summers now, so it might be nice to see if he can hit something besides clay. Thanks and PM me for confidentiality.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
lots of pheasants out west. as far as walleye go I'd run up to tobacco gardens just north of Watford. Put in there and fish the big lake right in that general area. As far as a cheap place to stay, there isn't any. there are several hotels in Watford now. But I'd bet they are all $120 plus a night.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The motel prices are getting lower over here in the bakken call around tell them your are here for a school event they might take a few dollars off. If you decided to hunt over near watford we could try to meet up and walk a few spot with my dog. He is not the best but he gets the job done.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunted 5 miles south of Watford for pheasants opening weekend. Limits of birds both days. More pheasants than I can count. Even saw grouse and partridge. I second the Tobacco gardens area for Walleye. Don't be afraid to talk to land owners for permission. I find most owners in the area are nice enough if you treat them with respect.

Snotrocket

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the replies and thank you for the offer Fracman. I will keep in touch if we get to the Watford area early enough. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88