Z-grill

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
grew up with a actual smoke house in the back yard and dad was always smoking something. the pellet grills dont smell like a smoke house when they are smoking so i question what the pellets are made of.
Just the binding agent they use has to be sketchy

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just the binding agent they use has to be sketchy
From the pellets I use.

• Made from 100% pure Maple, Hickory, and Cherry wood chips, not residual sawdust.
  • Consists of the bark and cambium layer of trees where the most flavour in a tree resides.
  • Smaller diameter to create a hotter burn and more smoke with more surface area.
  • No oils, sprays, fillers, binders, or artificial ingredients. Just 100% all-natural wood!

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
From the pellets I use.

• Made from 100% pure Maple, Hickory, and Cherry wood chips, not residual sawdust.
  • Consists of the bark and cambium layer of trees where the most flavour in a tree resides.
  • Smaller diameter to create a hotter burn and more smoke with more surface area.
  • No oils, sprays, fillers, binders, or artificial ingredients. Just 100% all-natural wood!
What brand are those? I've never read much on mine, but I do seem to enjoy Lumberjack so far.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
What brand are those? I've never read much on mine, but I do seem to enjoy Lumberjack so far.
Yeah Lumberjack is what I use. I actually think most good quality pellets are probably similar in that they don't use binders, fillers etc.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the pellets I use.

Interesting. I have a hard time believing there isn’t something added to hold it together. Maybe the sap alone does it

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting. I have a hard time believing there isn’t something added to hold it together. Maybe the sap alone does it
with the right moisture content in the wood, a binder isn't needed. there are plenty of videos out there about making pellets, lots of them don't use anything besides a bit of water.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88