zero turn recommendations

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zero turns aren’t very drinking and mowing compatible. I dislike mowing so drinking while mowing is a must.
I have a toro time cutter 50" which I bought in 2012 and use it on 2 acres and have had zero problems.

Skeeter you need to learn how to operate with one hand

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a toro time cutter 50" which I bought in 2012 and use it on 2 acres and have had zero problems.

Skeeter you need to learn how to operate with one hand
I’ll have to learn. In my defense I’ve never owned anything that wasn’t clapped out and didn’t have to herd it everywhere I wanted it to go. That includes women.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
My next place is going to have an HOA and I'll look out the window and watch the lawn get mowed with whatever he pleases to use! ;)

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll have to learn. In my defense I’ve never owned anything that wasn’t clapped out and didn’t have to herd it everywhere I wanted it to go. That includes women.
You could give this a try

1682976652368.png

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You could give this a try

1682976652368.png
Mow around nice shade tree. Put beer on ice in cooler under shade tree. Return to tree as needed. Sit under tree in shade and enjoy cold beer. Best way I know how. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mow around nice shade tree. Put beer on ice in cooler under shade tree. Return to tree as needed. Sit under tree in shade and enjoy cold beer. Best way I know how. LB

I zip tied one of those fancy water bottle holders for a 10 speed bicycle to the steering riser on my farmall b it works like a charm and looks pretty fancy.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
little update on the mower. 4 hours so far of run time on the engine (mowed the yard 4 times and used it for spring clean up.) impressed with it so far, still learning how to turn and not tare up the grass. lol only real complaint i have so far is when its filling the bags the blower has so much push that it never fills the first bag and the second bag is always packed so dang full and tight before it will start on the first one.

summer.jpg

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
little update on the mower. 4 hours so far of run time on the engine (mowed the yard 4 times and used it for spring clean up.) impressed with it so far, still learning how to turn and not tare up the grass. lol only real complaint i have so far is when its filling the bags the blower has so much push that it never fills the first bag and the second bag is always packed so dang full and tight before it will start on the first one.

summer.jpg
why is that an issue? Do you think they should fill evenly?

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
why is that an issue? Do you think they should fill evenly?

prefer if they would fill somewhat more evenly. the far bag is completely full packed to the max before the first bag is even started to be filled.. when going to empty it makes a mess when lifting the lid, and trying to empty. filling more evenly also distributes the weight of the grass on the back of the machine so its not all on one side. im thinking of adding a little longer deflector inside the lid (the one in there i think is too short). like i said its really the only thing i have bad to say about it and its really not the end of the world, just short fall in my opinion.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
prefer if they would fill somewhat more evenly. the far bag is completely full packed to the max before the first bag is even started to be filled.. when going to empty it makes a mess when lifting the lid, and trying to empty. filling more evenly also distributes the weight of the grass on the back of the machine so its not all on one side. im thinking of adding a little longer deflector inside the lid (the one in there i think is too short). like i said its really the only thing i have bad to say about it and its really not the end of the world, just short fall in my opinion.
They are meant to fill farthest first…being that packed it means you have some amazing airflow into those bags….it’s actually a good thing.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you get into longer, wetter grass you will be glad it blows as hard as it does.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just bought a hustler raptor xd 54 inch deck 27hp. this is homeowners grade jd seems more heavy duty. replacing a john deer Z445 54 inch deck 196 hours on it. have a commercial hustler 72 inch deck 35 hp that has been a great mower for over 10 years.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ny Husqvarna after two years and close to 500 hours finally wore its front wheel bearing out. Cover by warranty. Only problem so far. db

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ny Husqvarna after two years and close to 500 hours finally wore its front wheel bearing out. Cover by warranty. Only problem so far. db
You put 500 hours on a mower is 2 years? Sounds like you need a much much larger mower! Yuk

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got 80 hrs on my cub in 3 years and have like 4 acres. I know it has been dry and grass dont grow as fast but. LB

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mow graveyard with markers every which way but loose, and bigger mower will not work.
Wanted additional funds to paint my 77 Saloon and a couple of higher price rifles.
Will have it now so my last year of mowing that hell hole.

Next year i plan to shoot a buffalo at 1000 yards with one of the rifles (model 1 Ruger, would like a 1885 Win but not right caliber, Sharps cannot afford), just like the buffalo hunters from the 1800.
Appears i also may need to replace mower.

Mow it 22 times now. This year twice so far with 36 engine hours. db

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56