First Velvet Buck and #1 of my Trifecta

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's about the best 4x4 a guy can ask for! Great management deer and with velvet to boot. I'd take that deer over any mediocre rack 5x5 or 6x6.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! I'd take a 4X4 any day of the week and twice on Sunday over an average 5 or 6 by. They just blow my skirt up. Got a good friend that has two 4X4's that dwarf mine hanging around his spot. Gives me chills every time he shows me the latest pics. I think he does it just to torture me..........and it WORKS every time. LOL!!! Thanks Migrator!!

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good work bud! I got 8 more days before I'm able to get out and I have no clue whats coming into my stands.... should be interesting

dbllung

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice! Gonna make a beautiful mount and a freezer full of venison, big bodied deer! Congrats Thumbs Up

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats KDM...great story (lol'd at the hummingbird part) and a great velvet buck!

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is awesome. With the reports of the hard horns, I didn't think anyone was getting a velvet this year. CONGRATS.

Cuts your season a little short, but with the mussy tag in hand you can go late. What's you next game of choice? Doves or what for pheasant.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Going to help a few buddies and a few kiddos get their deer. With me out of the picture, it opens up my place for others to enjoy. For me, it will probably be a goose fest until pheasant season and then it will be a goose hunt in the morning, pheasant hunt in the afternoons. Followed by butchering a deer or two should some folks find success in that arena.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! I'd take a 4X4 any day of the week and twice on Sunday over an average 5 or 6 by. They just blow my skirt up. Got a good friend that has two 4X4's that dwarf mine hanging around his spot. Gives me chills every time he shows me the latest pics. I think he does it just to torture me..........and it WORKS every time. LOL!!! Thanks Migrator!!

Nice looking deer does your taxidermist have the deer already because velvet takes some special care to make look good. As for 4x4s I should send you the GPS coordinates to one of my old spots because that seemed to be all we ever saw there. They may not have had allot of points but there were some studs with a num er bigger then my best who wasnt too shabby for a three year old.
IMG_20160828_215827156.jpg

Last edited:

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats great story my uncle had a similar encounter with a Humming bird trying to go up his nose. I still laugh when I think about him telling that story.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Excessive nose hair looking like the inside of a blossom?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoyed the story KDM. It's always fun to hear about the strange things that happen in a stand. I have been entertained by hawks, coons, coyotes etc. Maybe had deer walk past while I enjoyed the entertainment. Thanks for the story.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88