Hazelton Boat ramp

Seabass

Has anyone seen the Hazelton or even fort Yates boat ramp this year yet? Havnt had any time this week to run down and take a look, accessible? Or is it all sand still?

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone seen the Hazelton or even fort Yates boat ramp this year yet? Havnt had any time this week to run down and take a look, accessible? Or is it all sand still?
I just looked at the G&F boat ramp report. I’m not sure what is the status for sure. It says that all ramps south of Fox Island are unusable! Including the two low water ramps north and south of Beaver. Just hard to believe!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yates ramp was extended last year but is still unusable. Water has risen to just the bottom edge of new concrete.

undguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove down there Tuesday. Totally iced in - no open water at all. Level looks about the same as last fall.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_4654.jpeg

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton is definitely iced in. The Desert is open. But no dock.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have to wonder how many years it has ever happened that no one has docked at Hazleton as of April 15?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smelting in Mobridge this time of year back in the days. Lots of booze drank and tons of Smelting

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the Yates ramp today 4/17. It's right at the bottom of the old concrete. The new is probably 25 ft but not very steep. It flattens out quite a bit at the end of the old ramp.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the Yates ramp today 4/17. It's right at the bottom of the old concrete. The new is probably 25 ft but not very steep. It flattens out quite a bit at the end of the old ramp.

I read that with the mountain snowfall this year the water may come up in Oahe. Hopefully because that view is of a great fall fishing place.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope you're right, BDub. I want to be able to put my boat in at the Beaver Bay campground this year.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very late last fall the Corp enlarged the parking at the Jennerville ramp. They were also working on the ramp north of Beaver. Hopefully they will be usable if nothing else.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used Jennerville and Cattail last year. Needless to say, my boat was constantly dirty traveling on gravel all summer to put the boat in. We also went to check out the Olheiser ramp, which is the one north at the beginning of the summer. That road is just a prairie trail and the ramp needed a lot of work. I might have to check it out again as soon as we pull the camper down there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very late last fall the Corp enlarged the parking at the Jennerville ramp. They were also working on the ramp north of Beaver. Hopefully they will be usable if nothing else.
I wish someone would do that to the Walker Bottoms ramp on the west side. That's the one by PKC

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read that with the mountain snowfall this year the water may come up in Oahe. Hopefully because that view is of a great fall fishing place.
The mountains are a little above average but that water has to come through Peck and Sak which are both low as well. I think Oahe will benefit a little from all the ND runoff that flows unimpeded to Oahe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88